Catch of the day (pictures)

HoneyB

I always post up my good days, so here is my day today:

It was a good ego crushing day.   Good for the soul to realize that you aremt really all that great of a fisherman, its just that the Man upstairs smiles on you just often enough to make you think you are.  

worked my tail off to put a buddy on fish and got one rat red and a skipper flounder to show for it!  Not even photo worthy!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, redzone1 said:

South Georgia flatties.  Threw back 3 other shorts.  Back at the house by 10:30 this morning before all of the amateur drunks hit the water.

IMG_0624.jpeg

In NC, they just closed out Flounder season completely.   The commercial guys have taken over our wildlife management and we can now keep one red, no flounder, no striper, and they are talking about closing trout.   Meanwhile, we catch flounder like nuisances.

You all be careful of wolves in sheeps clothing - they always talk about it as though it's conservation and the stocks are in danger - but the commercial nets are plenty busy dumping thousands of pounds of dead by-catch back. 

• Sad 2

Fished the Old School Kingfish Shootout this past weekend. Found a lot of kings but wasn't able to get a big enough one. Placed 58th out of 700 boats, usually I fish on my Hewes Redfisher 18 but got invited to fish on a bigger boat this year.

shared a prefishing picture as well thought it was cool with all the teeth showing.

IMG_4487.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

CE4ADFED-8EF9-4EFF-BE23-9F64BDA77E2F.jpeg

• Like 3

Had a rare opportunity to fish alone Sat am.  One of those relaxing, no-pressure-to-put-guests-on-fish kind of mornings. Got up super early but found someone on my spot when I got there.  Didnt care, went to another spot and had 4 stripers over the gunnel before 6 am. An hour later, got a yellow tagged one.   An hour after that, had a nice keeper red, two really nice flounder (18 and 20”) and then a 6 striper.   Back home by 10:30.   One of those unexpectedly amazingly relaxing, enjoyable trips

IMG_6635.jpeg

IMG_6636.jpeg

IMG_6637.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

IMG_6640.jpeg

IMG_6647.jpeg

IMG_6648.jpeg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Went to the Crik House 🏠 today , to do some lift maintenance.

We had a cock , make a nest , and had babies, two years ago , and I guess, she is back .

Much bigger, and meaner , than last time .

Making a nest , on our neighbors property, this time .

Finished our work , and went to Rabbit Key Grass area , and caught some fish , with a nice snook as well .

If you like Tarpon , they are in the Barron River .

Caught a bunch , on the 1000 .

The snook was on the Vanford 1000 as well !

HAPPY FARHERS DAY !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

IMG_3127.jpeg

IMG_3126.jpeg

IMG_3128.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3143.jpeg

Thank you for sharing. Always loved the area where you have you "fishing camp." Nothing like having Croc babies and momma guarding your yards! LOL

PS: Speaking of "croc'" read the second sentence of your post! LOL ;) 

• Like 1