Thinking of switching to Pathfinder

BigShea

We currently run a 22 Cobia in SE FL.  My wife does not do great with sea sickness so I find us only going on really good days. I am looking at the 24 or 26 and wondering if anyone is running one offshore and are you really picking the days or can it handle some decent chop.  Reason fo switching we will probably do more back country together (Flamingo/10,000) islands and just sand bar.  But I still want to get offshore.  

the size of the boat will not help her seasickness.  talking from experience. don't  fight it and drink fluids and eat.  then do the same a little later.

the bigger boat will help the ride out and back but the fishing trolling will be the same.

I have  never heard of a larger mbg boat with a gyro to counter the rolling.

If it helps you any there's a young fellow that has a youtube channel called "Life By the Bow" , he runs his 23 PF out of Islamorada offshore on calm days catching sailfish and dolphin and other days he runs back to Flamingo. I have not seen 26' PFs back in Flamingo but I guess it could be done.  maybe look him up on youtube

good luck

24-26 will give a better ride but not much in the rolling at troll or off plane and at anchor. There use to be a product that you hung over both sides of the boat into the water to dampen the roll when on the hook. Told it worked very well. Pick and choose your days and destination. Happy wife ....................👍m fin

As someone who gets seasick, it's the roll of the boat and not the size of the boat that sets it off. Dramamine (dimenhydrinate)  and Bonine (meclizine hydrochloride) work on more calm days but the Scopolamine patch is the best for any condition. One side effect is it gives me dry mouth, small price to pay. Pressure bands you wear on your wrist don't work. As I was about to puke over the side of the boat my father in law said "aim for the chum line, no reason to waste all that vomit". After that I took it off and threw it in the ocean. I've been reading about the new Relief Band that uses electrical stimulation. Might try it.