2600TRS lift bunk placement

drumbeater

I set my bunks at 38” o.c. like said in earlier posts. Set the angle to approximate deadrise. Problem is the boat is setting on the hull strakes on the front and center. I can’t move them further inwards because of the transducer in front of the first step. 
Should I go outboard of the strake, to about 44”o.c.? That would hit the flat part of the hull, but be just outside (maybe the edge) of the stringers. Having said that, the stringers do get closer together nearer the bow. 

C3A61A93-673E-41C4-9EAA-AF7E666A88BB.jpeg

BEB76C68-8F1B-4054-BABE-E8BEC88655FD.jpeg

D495DCB6-D78E-4E13-B684-B5FC08636F1B.jpeg

13 minutes ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

I'm confused about the strakes. Are they hidden by the bunks? Looks like the only thing supporting your entire boat is four little areas of the steps.

The strake is setting right on top of the bunk. You have to look real close in the second picture, but you can see daylight through it. Definately not how it should sit I dont think. 

You need to build-up the existing alum. bunks to evenly carry the weight of the boat. The drawing may explain how the bunks should look. In the front, you could leave a void space in the bunk to allow for the transducer. This would allow you to move the bunks in at the front to follow the contour of the stringers. I think I have pics of how I modified my bunks, to accommodate the single step on my 23 HPS, will look for them.  

Bunk  steps .png

On 10/24/2020 at 4:04 PM, drumbeater said:

I set my bunks at 38” o.c. like said in earlier posts. Set the angle to approximate deadrise. Problem is the boat is setting on the hull strakes on the front and center. I can’t move them further inwards because of the transducer in front of the first step. 
Should I go outboard of the strake, to about 44”o.c.? That would hit the flat part of the hull, but be just outside (maybe the edge) of the stringers. Having said that, the stringers do get closer together nearer the bow. 

C3A61A93-673E-41C4-9EAA-AF7E666A88BB.jpeg

BEB76C68-8F1B-4054-BABE-E8BEC88655FD.jpeg

D495DCB6-D78E-4E13-B684-B5FC08636F1B.jpeg

I think if I were you I would make a jig ( or pay some really smart person to do it ) to fit the bottom of the boat where you want the stringers to support it.. Then use the jig to properly modify and setup my bunks Like SCFD did for his single step. I just cringe when I see the steps holding the weight of the boat. Seems to me that not getting the bunks right  the other way could be bad to. I could be completely wrong on this. Maybe someone with an engineering education could shed some light on these step hulls

• 4 weeks later...