Reel Spool Bearings

Tiki Man

Had a bearing go bad on my Diawa baitcasting reel. This is a $175 reel similar to Shimano Curado so I decided to replace the bearings instead of throwing out the reel. I bought a set of ceramic bearings from Boca Bearing in Florida. WOW, it is unbelievable what a difference. The spool will now free spin for about 20 seconds or more without stopping. If you want to make your reel cast a mile change out the bearings to ceramic for $18.95 with free shipping.

Had a bearing go bad on my Diawa baitcasting reel. This is a $175 reel similar to Shimano Curado so I decided to replace the bearings instead of throwing out the reel. I bought a set of ceramic bearings from Boca Bearing in Florida. WOW, it is unbelievable what a difference. The spool will now free spin for about 20 seconds or more without stopping. If you want to make your reel cast a mile change out the bearings to ceramic for $18.95 with free shipping.

i put them in a curado sf and a chronarch sf. although i didn't get as much improvement as you, it did seem smoother and i'm told they last longer and don't rust. been awhile, but if i remember correctly, they were cheaper than the shimano bearings.

Archived