Livewell pump

kcros11

I'm trying to change the pump to one of my livewell's on my 20' pathfinder. I've never had a pump system like this, and before I broke something I was hoping y'all could help me out. Is there a secret to getting the pump off of the black piece? Does it clip in some how or does it screw in? I also tried to take the clear cap off the filter and it's stuck pretty tight. Is there a secret to keeping these from getting stuck? Thanks for the help.

IMG_20201011_135215.jpg

Ken is that the newer pump that I just put in? If it is I will look for the receipt and you should be able to exchange it. It is only a couple months old. 

The clear filter just unscrews, it’s just hard to get a good grip. Some rubber gloves and making sure it’s dry will help. 

Those white tabs pop open when you push on the top end of them and the red cartridge pulls out. The base of the pump (white and black piece) does not change, just the cartridge. 

• 2 weeks later...

DBDA3C6D-E6CB-4F6D-BF92-88A3A8AD5D89.thumb.jpeg.311a85c5f6f9ff862e650b7844025641.jpeg
Looks like the    filters inside those clear housings are pretty rusted. You might want to replace them and clean out any particles while you’re in there. On my Hewes RFs I’d remove and clean those filters monthly. Weekly if I was in a lot of grass flats.

sorry wrong picture and I can’t seem to remove it (least it’s facing right side up this time)