Jack Plate Actuator Replacement

Zlenart

After a few attempts to deconstruct atlas' relay box and rewire in the Temco relays at the advice of Geeviam, I've come to the conclusion that the actuator has gone bad. Whether it's just a bad ground in there I don't know, but I need to replace it. My jack plate is an Atlas from 2011-2012 with the metal motor/actuator that is marked as Parker EHA 647271-1. I've read online that they may have discontinued this motor. Am I out of luck here? Would be very simple to slap a new one on.

Forget that its made by Parker. That route is a dead end. T H wants way to much for a new actuator. So if you think the motor is Bad,  East Lake Marine Electrics makes a replacement motor. They seem to be the only one that does and they sale them through Amazon. If you go this route let me know, I can walk you through it. Mine works perfectly with a very small mod to the coupler that goes on the motor shaft. It was very easy to change. The hardest part is bulkhead fitting where the wires pass through the transom.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=East+Lake+Marine+Electric+atlas+jack+plate&me=A6J1AYABDP37S&ref=nb_sb_noss

Atlas Jack Plate Motor Before.jpg

Atlas Jack Plate After.jpg

Atlas Jack Plate Motor Lable.jpg

• 8 months later...

If your motor is metal then yes. If your motor is a plastic housing then I am not sure. If your motor is not rusted or is the newer plastic style then I would make sure the motor is the problem. Put 12 volt power directly to the blue and green wires and see if it runs.   The only reason I replaced my motor was the rust. It still worked. 

I have heard of very little problems with the motors going bad. The relay harness is most often the problem. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Jas30577 said:

Jh141;

what modification did you have to make ? I just ordered this pump. 

If you are replacing "JUST the motor" then be careful when you remove the motor from the actuator, there is a small coupler that goes between the motor output shaft and the pump drive. 

I had to remove a small amount of material from the NEW motor output shaft so the coupler would fit correctly. The coupler should fit the NEW motor output shaft with no play but free enough to just fall off, if that makes sense. Some of the new motors output shafts are a couple thousands bigger and the coupler fit to tightly which causes excessive noise and wear.

The steps I took were:

Raise the jack plate all the way up and support the Outboard.

This will contain all the fluid in the ram.

Remove  the motor making sure to not lose the coupler. 

mod the coupler to ensure a good fit. 

add fluid if needed.

Install the new motor.

If you can not correctly support the Outboard then I would remove the entire actuator and do the job on the Bench.

Hope This Helps!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1