99 Hewes Bonefisher 16 trolling motor setup

JPH

I have the same boat as you. Mine was setup with a little shelf that both batteries sat on. I recently downgraded from a 24v to a 12v to shed some weight up front. The extra weight from the batteries and motor along with the fuel that sits up there really affected the ride of the boat.

going with a 24v lithium would possibly get rid of the requirement to build a shelf. But that’s some serious coin.

4 hours ago, Attitudeindicator said:

I have the same boat as you. Mine was setup with a little shelf that both batteries sat on. I recently downgraded from a 24v to a 12v to shed some weight up front. The extra weight from the batteries and motor along with the fuel that sits up there really affected the ride of the boat.

going with a 24v lithium would possibly get rid of the requirement to build a shelf. But that’s some serious coin.

Hmm, I was thinking shelf or maybe one in bow and one in starboard hatch 

• 7 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, gnarlydog said:

I have the same boat but a 2000. I think the only option is to build a shelf. Not enough room to fit two batteries under the console. I ended up just sticking with a 12v setup with the trolling motor battery under the console. But it would be nice to have a little extra juice with a 24v setup.

I have 3 group 24s and a 3 bank on board charger in the console of my 94 16ft bonefisher. with the ability to put a 4th at the stern in the starboard side hatch, especially after switching to eletric trim tabs and removing the old hydraulic trim tab pump...just saying 

20210502_222206.jpg

On 5/6/2021 at 3:57 AM, Blactaco23 said:

I have 3 group 24s and a 3 bank on board charger in the console of my 94 16ft bonefisher. with the ability to put a 4th at the stern in the starboard side hatch, especially after switching to eletric trim tabs and removing the old hydraulic trim tab pump...just saying 

20210502_222206.jpg

Doesn't look like the OP has a seat built into the console (I'm assuming you do from the pic). Without the extra space provided by the seat, there's no way you're fitting more than one AMG/standard battery in an original console.