ISO Pathfinder 2300hps

Kpboats

On 9/14/2020 at 12:30 AM, Kpboats said:

I’m on the search for a used pathfinder 2300hps under 200 hours. Located in south Florida but willing to drive for a nice deal. Please I understand the boat market is booming but not interested in paying more then what they cost new, thanks. 

Good luck OP not many deals to be found at this time, I've been looking for a 2300hps since January, wish I would have bought several I looked at and didn't pull the trigger on before April. All the boats that seamed to be in the 45-55k range then are now in the 65-75k range.  I'm about to just buy new...why pay 75k for a used boat that's 5-6 years old that doesn't have the options I prefer for something you can get new and options you want for 85k.  Tough market right now on buying used, but good for the guys selling to move up or cash in.  I may be the only person thinking this market is something crazy right now, but I think there may be a few more people that would agree with me.   I just finished a complete rebuild of a skiff/flats boat for nothing compared to the used boat market...glad I bought the old hull and motor years ago and not now.

12 hours ago, Dmillem said:

Good luck OP not many deals to be found at this time, I've been looking for a 2300hps since January, wish I would have bought several I looked at and didn't pull the trigger on before April. All the boats that seamed to be in the 45-55k range then are now in the 65-75k range.  I'm about to just buy new...why pay 75k for a used boat that's 5-6 years old that doesn't have the options I prefer for something you can get new and options you want for 85k.  Tough market right now on buying used, but good for the guys selling to move up or cash in.  I may be the only person thinking this market is something crazy right now, but I think there may be a few more people that would agree with me.   I just finished a complete rebuild of a skiff/flats boat for nothing compared to the used boat market...glad I bought the old hull and motor years ago and not now.

I agree. A 2021 pathfinder 23 with gps/JL/ canvas top/ power pole is 80k out the door brand new. The market is some what ridiculous right now

4 hours ago, Kpboats said:

I agree. A 2021 pathfinder 23 with gps/JL/ canvas top/ power pole is 80k out the door brand new. The market is some what ridiculous right now

You are both spot on. You can hook up to a 2021 Pathfinder 23HPS for $80-$85K depending on options. ($75K Maybe without a top and limited options, one PP, etc)

Problem most are having is the amount of 2021 inventory is limited, at least in my neck of the woods in SWFL. The dealers aren’t negotiating since they know if you don’t buy it the next guy will.

I’m with both of you. The supply and demand aspect of new boats has inflated the prices of used boats. Some brands more than others depending on their following.

Pricing should normalize at some point, but the question will remain where does it plateau? Does it stay where it is and new boats simply price higher or do you have a shift downwards?

So long as supply is limited on new boats the economics tells us builders will price higher until they hit an optimal pricing equilibrium. Which if that happens the used boat prices could simply stay where they are...

I’m selling my 23HPS now but hell if I’m both of you and $10-$15K isn’t a big deal I’m buying new before boat builders start considering raising prices even more. Just my 0.02 if you can find the right 2021 optioned the way you want.

Even if you disagree with the supply and demand issues we can’t ignore the replacement cost. If someone is selling a used boat, like me, we have to price it higher since the whole market is inflated. If I don’t sell my boat at an inflated price my buying power is decreased since my replacement boat is still pricing in the inflated market conditions. The only item that can bring it all down is a stale mate of buyers and sellers to price downwards and this thread is proof it has already began!! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PineSound said:

You are both spot on. You can hook up to a 2021 Pathfinder 23HPS for $80-$85K depending on options. ($75K Maybe without a top and limited options, one PP, etc)

Problem most are having is the amount of 2021 inventory is limited, at least in my neck of the woods in SWFL. The dealers aren’t negotiating since they know if you don’t buy it the next guy will.

I’m with both of you. The supply and demand aspect of new boats has inflated the prices of used boats. Some brands more than others depending on their following.

Pricing should normalize at some point, but the question will remain where does it plateau? Does it stay where it is and new boats simply price higher or do you have a shift downwards?

So long as supply is limited on new boats the economics tells us builders will price higher until they hit an optimal pricing equilibrium. Which if that happens the used boat prices could simply stay where they are...

I’m selling my 23HPS now but hell if I’m both of you and $10-$15K isn’t a big deal I’m buying new before boat builders start considering raising prices even more. Just my 0.02 if you can find the right 2021 optioned the way you want.

Even if you disagree with the supply and demand issues we can’t ignore the replacement cost. If someone is selling a used boat, like me, we have to price it higher since the whole market is inflated. If I don’t sell my boat at an inflated price my buying power is decreased since my replacement boat is still pricing in the inflated market conditions. The only item that can bring it all down is a stale mate of buyers and sellers to price downwards and this thread is proof it has already began!! 

Very good point made as far as what to price your boat and taking a hit on your buying power. Poor people like me look into financing a boat so 10-15k is about $80-$100 increase in your monthly payments. Wife will just have to take a hit on her monthly dinner dates. Wish I was ready to buy about a year ago before this whole mess. I’ve been tossing the idea back and forth, used vs new. I was hoping someone wanted to bail their 23 for a little less then what I’ve been seeing around but it simply sells in a day or two before I get a chance to even see the listing.

3 hours ago, Kpboats said:

Very good point made as far as what to price your boat and taking a hit on your buying power. Poor people like me look into financing a boat so 10-15k is about $80-$100 increase in your monthly payments. Wife will just have to take a hit on her monthly dinner dates. Wish I was ready to buy about a year ago before this whole mess. I’ve been tossing the idea back and forth, used vs new. I was hoping someone wanted to bail their 23 for a little less then what I’ve been seeing around but it simply sells in a day or two before I get a chance to even see the listing.

I wish you would have seen mine before my wife changed her mind! Good luck in your search!

On 9/18/2020 at 3:42 PM, PineSound said:

I am wondering if the slowdown is starting or people are just bailing on their used boats to take advantage of the market or upgrade to something better. It seems looking at facebook marketplace and a couple other places there is more used inventory and they aren’t selling quite as fast. The prices are still up there though. I just saw a boat listed this week for $54,500 that sold for under $45k in June. So maybe the extra inventory is just people looking to make some money while the market is hot.  Good luck to everybody in their search and sales. I think I am going to wait a little while in my search and see what the used market does or finally give in and just order new. 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:43 PM, P07dad said:

I was very lucky. Found my used 2300 about 41/2 months back. Right before the market shot up.  I get offers every time I get to marina which is more then I paid!  I looked for over a year for a 2300 and not selling! Good luck with the hunt.  It is a great boat!!! 

Same here. Bought mine in mid may and with my budget I was starting to think I wouldn't get one. Made it work, got a great deal and couldn't be happier with it. So much fun to drive and coming from an 18' skiff with a 7-8" draft, it blows me away how shallow I'm still able to float!

• Thanks 1

A buddy of mine has a 2014 23 HPS with 250 SHO (700 hours i believe). Dual 8' Power-Poles, 12" Simrad, Trolling motor, no t-top. He said he wants to sell (just had twin girls and too busy to use it much right now). He's planning to list on MBG forum & FB page when he gets around to getting it detailed and taking pictures, etc. I'll tell him to respond to this thread as well.

Josh B.