Master Angler Stringer Issues?

Hello,

Has anyone experienced stringer issues with Master Anglers?  I have heard/read about issues, not sure if those were limited to certain model years, or an issue with all of them?  I have been in the market for a 21' MA or 21' Redfisher for several months, and want to understand if the MA stringer issue is serious enough to shift my focus to redfishers only.  I plan to sink money into electronics, power poles, etc and likely repower and would hate to make an investment in an MA only to start having serious structural issues.  Have only heard great things about MAs otherwise, I hope you understand my concern as a buyer.  

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, FishnChips said:

Just read past post about 18 MA stringers not connecting with transom until ‘03.  Thread mention the 21’ had a separate issue.  I’m most concerned about the MA ‘06 21’ at the moment but would like to understand the history of any issues.  Appreciate any feedback - thanks

I may have missed one along the way, but I've never heard of a stringer problem on any Master Angler (or Hewes), other than the one thread you mentioned.  Unless the hull was somehow damaged in an accident or storm, I think the 2006 MA 21 was built like a brick s#!thouse, and is able to leap tall wakes in a single bound.  😊

• Like 2

10 hours ago, geeviam said:

I may have missed one along the way, but I've never heard of a stringer problem on any Master Angler (or Hewes), other than the one thread you mentioned.  Unless the hull was somehow damaged in an accident or storm, I think the 2006 MA 21 was built like a brick s#!thouse, and is able to leap tall wakes in a single bound.  😊

There was a series of issues with the 05's and stringers...I don't know if it was remedied in 06'....most likely so....my Pathfinder, a 05' had the same issue at the time....factory took care of it...no questions asked.

dc

• Thanks 1

I believe, there was an issue in the 02-03's and earlier hulls with the sea chest location, not sure about all the facts but some or at least a few hulls suffered stringer damage. And as noted above, there was an issue with the master anglers prior to '03 where the stringers did not connect to the transom. A very detailed thread about an 18MA with this issue.

Don't count on the factory taking care of these issues on a 20 year old used boat.

• Thanks 1

Early 21's are famous for stringer issues and bulkhead issues (I own a broken one).  There have been several talked about on here over the years.  I believe the most recent one was BDSnook.  Reach out to him on what he needed to do to the repair.  Mine is worse than his and needs the entire cap pulled.  Ive decided not to get into a project like that so i am passing it onto a friend that is willing to take on the challenge.  

Early 21's were laid up very light and with not much material in key areas.  

• Sad 1