Suzuki Power

campbellt3

Has anyone added a Suzuki to their 2200 TRS?

I am thinking about ordering a hull without a motor and adding my own power at my local Suzuki dealer. I would consider the 200, 225, and 250hp offerings. Does anyone have experience with any of these motors on the newer 2200 hull? What could I expect for performance?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, bernieNC said:

There has been mention of a few zuks from time to time, but not many. Can’t help you with numbers but if I was repowering tomorrow I can say my first call would be to get a price on a 200 Suzuki. 

I can get a 200 Suzuki installed for $15.5k. Compare that to the price Pathfinder wants for the Yamaha 200 and it is an easy decision. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hutch03 said:

I repowered a 2005 2200v with a 200 Suzuki last year.  Just did the 100 hr service.  Very quiet and fuel efficient.  Having the right prop will be key.  Here in Texas the savings over all other brands at the time was substantial.  Good luck,  Hutch

51 minutes ago, Mad Beach Hewes said:

A buddy of mine repowered his 2005 2200 with a 225 and it’s awesome. If I had to repower that’s what I would looking at.

What kinds of numbers are you guys seeing?

I think the big jump will be from the 200 i4 to the 225 v6. The 225 vs 250 probably won't be as big. I am curious to see what you guys think..

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Bamaskeet said:

I’m not sure where the 15.5K price came from but if I was shopping for a Suzuki, I would contact Mike at International Marine.  He does a pile of Repowers.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:43 PM, campbellt3 said:
On 9/11/2020 at 4:40 PM, bernieNC said:

There has been mention of a few zuks from time to time, but not many. Can’t help you with numbers but if I was repowering tomorrow I can say my first call would be to get a price on a 200 Suzuki. 

I can get a 200 Suzuki installed for $15.5k. Compare that to the price Pathfinder wants for the Yamaha 200 and it is an easy decision. 

This is where I saw $15.5k.