Trim tabs

fishotherapy

On my 93 bonefisher I have replaced Bennett HPU once and I Bennett sent me the pump, so shout out to them.  Now around 15 years later tabs are not responding and troubleshooting the system, seems I need to replace HPU.  My question is has anyone tried the Bennett conversion to electric trim tabs?  Would use same switch , but on the older Lapps, there were 2 8 pole switches and I believe less wires on the electric.  pros, cons, any ideas?

9 hours ago, fishotherapy said:

On my 93 bonefisher I have replaced Bennett HPU once and I Bennett sent me the pump, so shout out to them.  Now around 15 years later tabs are not responding and troubleshooting the system, seems I need to replace HPU.  My question is has anyone tried the Bennett conversion to electric trim tabs?  Would use same switch , but on the older Lapps, there were 2 8 pole switches and I believe less wires on the electric.  pros, cons, any ideas?

I replaced hydraulic bennetts with bennett bolts on my 21MA.  I used the same bennett harness.  Very easy install.  The only wiring that needs to be done is to give the electrical control box power.  Everything else should plug and play (Assuming your harness isn't all chopped up)

On 9/10/2020 at 10:29 PM, fishotherapy said:

Muddy...thanks for the shout out....Yes, I changed it out on my MA17 1995.

it's plug and play, for the most part, you just need to be sure you pay attention to how the wiring is set on the switch.

It's a very easy conversion....the tabs are very large and fast....so, be careful when adjusting at high speed, it can throw you off balance.  I noticed all it takes is a tap and it moves.

there are You tube videos to help and you can call bennett and they are great on the phone....yes, you can see it took me a bit to get working properly.....I wired it in correctly the first time....

dc

I switched my original hydraulic bennetts to the Bennett bolts on my 1990 Redfisher and they're awesome. I bought the kit which made it all plug and play. I had to buy the euro switch that was specifically for the electric tabs not hydraulic. In my instance though, the original Bennett hydraulic tabs did not have the same mounting holes as the new Bennett ones so I had to re-drill new holes on transom.