Live well hose replacement

wrhatt

I have a 2000 PF 2200V with single live well. There is a water pickup box on the bottom of the hull from which (I assume) there is a hose to the pump and then on to the live well. The boat takes on water when underway or even at rest so I figure the hose might be old and need replacing. Currently the bilge pump comes on several times a day and has handled the water with no problem. Has anyone ever replaced this hose? Is it difficult to replace? Do you have to cut the floor to do it? Any advice would be appreciated. 

I'm not familiar with that boat, but you must have some access to the bilge, don't you? If it were my boat, I'd pull the plug while on the trailer and drain all water out. Then, drop it in the water and tie off at the dock. Stick you head in the bilge and find exactly where the water is coming from. It might be coming from another source, like a thru-hull fitting or live-well drain. If that doesn't work for you, then while the boat is on the trailer, fill the bilge with water from the garden hose and crawl under the boat, try to see where the leak is. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Ok, now I'm catching on. You have already eliminated other sources of water. Well, what about increasing the size of the bilge access first. I'm sure lots of guys have tackled this job. Maybe they will chime in on how to make the bilge access bigger.  

It's at it max size. I replaced the original round hatch with a 11x15 rectangle hatch which is the largest available that will fit in that space

UPDATE: I bought a cheap endoscope and stuck it in the bilge area and discovered that from the water pickup to the live well pump is a metal pipe. No rubber hose there. Kudos to Pathfinder for a good build. This weekend, weather permitting, the boat will be on the water and I'll stick the endoscope back in there and see where the water may be coming from. 

2 hours ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

Endoscope!!! one of the neatest things I ever bought. Mine has about 4 ft. of cable, but does most everything I need. I've seen kits for sale fairly cheap because you just but the cable and use your phone to see the pic. Let us know what you find. 

Is that the same thing they do Colonoscopies with ?  Now I know why it’s called an End-O-Scope....😎

• Haha 1