94 LT 20 purchase

cgray11

Hey guys! I really appreciate any input you guys may have on the possible purchase of a ‘94 lt 20 with 150 pro v. I have read the good and bad about this particular hull. I’ve heard people talk about hull hook and the fact that these boats tend to plow water. Has anyone heard of a possible solution to the problem or is it really that big of a deal that should prevent me from buying the boat. I will be primarily using the boat in the intercoastal river and sometimes the sandbar. Thanks in advance for your responses.

8 hours ago, cgray11 said:

Hey guys! I really appreciate any input you guys may have on the possible purchase of a ‘94 lt 20 with 150 pro v. I have read the good and bad about this particular hull. I’ve heard people talk about hull hook and the fact that these boats tend to plow water. Has anyone heard of a possible solution to the problem or is it really that big of a deal that should prevent me from buying the boat. I will be primarily using the boat in the intercoastal river and sometimes the sandbar. Thanks in advance for your responses.

I dont own one but have a good friend that does. His rides great and is fast. Nice boat that is set up well. I have heard of the problem and I think most people fix it by changing their prop. Good luck, post some pics!

I am a happy owner of a 1998 20 ft LT, Owned since 2000.  It is a little bow down oriented at high speed and with a different prop it will correct most of that issue.  The boat came with a

VMAX 150 which I replaced several years ago with a 150 4 stroke Yamaha. I need to work on the prop issue,but I don't usually run around over 40mph anyway.  It is a bit of a wet boat if you are quartering waves at speed against a breeze.  It will pound if you push it in a good chop. Slowing down and applying the tabs solves most of that.

All in all I love the boat ,been striper fishing the NE for many yrs in it and it has no real issues.  Nobody up here has seen a poling platform,not that I can pole this boat for more than 100yds LOL  Good luck 

• 1 month later...

I forgot to say I moved my Troller to the bow when I repowered which added about 50lbs to that area.  I need to get a bow lift prop for sure.  Coming up th river to store the boat for the winter  I opened the boat up and it really rammed the bow down even no tabs.  Cgray, did you find a good prop??

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I believe I still have lots to learn about this hull. But I bought mine Easter weekend last year (2020). ‘95 LT20, w/150 Johnson & tabs. Then the world fell apart so I haven’t had as much gone on it as I’d like. Anyhow it’s a great boat. I think skittle direction can help with a lot.