02 Master Angler 18.5 For Sale

Winston85

I am selling my 2002 Master Angler. (Tampa Bay Area)

2002 18.5' Maverick Master Angler - $22,500
- 115 Yamaha 4 Stroke w/ 503 Hours (Recently had it's annual service by my Certified Yamaha mechanic and has no issues)
- ProMariner Tournament 3 Bank Onboard Battery Charger for the two trolling   motor batteries and main crank battery
- Minn Kota Trolling Motor w/ Remote Control (82 lb Thrust)
- AGM Battery (I believe it might still have warranty left on it)
- Garmin 740/741 DV Touchscreen GPS/Sonar
- New Stereo system (Replaced tachometer and put JBL Stereo in its place)
- One baitwell and one release well
- Added large access hatch in splashwell to access pumps and bilge. (the standard 8" hole was not cutting it as far as accessing that area)
- Trim Tabs (Pistons need to be fixed)
- Continental Trailer Included
- Boat Cover Included
- The stereo, battery charger, bait well and release well pumps, garmin GPS were all added about 2 years ago.
- I also have a few things I bought (Flush Mount cleats, pop up push pole holders etc...) that I just never got around to installing that can come with the boat.

The mechanic just did a systems check on everything while he did the annual service and said everything was in working order.  He didn't have the GPS with him but I'm going to plug it in tonight and I can send you pictures of it working.

IMG_8410.JPG

IMG_8411.JPG

IMG_8413.JPG

IMG_8415.JPG

IMG_8416.JPG

IMG_8414.JPG

IMG_8412.JPG

IMG_8409.JPG

2 hours ago, ofdphildo said:

What year is the motor? How's the performance with the 115?

Are those trolling Tabs?

What is the "ghosting" on the port side near the compartment in the third picture?

Thanks

The motor is 2002.  With about a 1/2 Tank it goes high 30's low 40's

They are trolling tabs without the trolling motors.

The "Ghosting" is from where it looks like my wet towel and the soap bottle were sitting on the boat and the surface around it was dry.  I took the damp rag and soap jug off and the wet outline of it was left behind when I took the picture because it had not dried since it was overcast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What am I missing here?  Most post 2000 18' MAs with 4S power have been going for 22k plus.  I reach out to sellers after the sale and track these.   This one is well equipped, appears to be in nice shape . . . ?  I haven't seen her qnd have no affiliation with the seller.   Just surprised she hasnt already sold.   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Based on the OPs answer above and my own experience, it's about 10-15 MPH on top end and (my guess here), a more sluggish hole shot.   My 2000 18 MA gets low-to-mid 50s at top end and has a decent hole shot with a Vmax 150 2 stroke.    

If I were looking for a great MA and speed/distance wasn't a big deal for me, I sure as heck wouldn't turn this one down.   With a 115 4S, you aren't going to have to fill that big ole tank very often.    You also have less squat than a 150, which isn't a problem with a 2S engine, but may require moving weight forward with a 4 stroke.

The other thing that might be causing buyers to hold off is the trailer being galvanized.   

I've thought from the first time I saw this ad that this was a great boat.   At the right price point, it will sell quickly, and frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't already hit that price point, but either the trailer condition may be an issue or there may be other reasons.   Looks like some members have expressed interest, might be worth PMing them to see if they had eyes on it.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...