Pathfinder Experts

campbellt3

Calling all Pathfinder experts!

I am looking at a 2007 Pathfinder 2200 Tournament Edition (Not XL hull) with a 2017 Yamaha 250 SHO. The boat comes with plenty of updates and looks clean, well maintained. 

Before I move forward I need to know if there are any specific issues with this year/generation hull. 

Is there any wood in the hull or is it all composite?

Metal fuel tanks?

Anything else that may be a concern?

I know the non XL models are sensitive to the weight of big four-stroke motors, but this boat has the rabud scupper mod that allegedly prevents water from coming in through the scuppers when loaded heavy in the stern. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

No wood. Only problem is what you already mentioned about the scuppers. Tank is aluminum. I’m on my third 2200v and have never had any issues other than normal wear and tear. You may see spider cracking in corners esp. around storage compartments but those are mostly cosmetic. I have several but none have gotten worse over the years. That motor combo will be fast on the V hull. Just look it over good before you purchase. If you have any specific questions we’ll be glad to answer them. Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, Miss Jazzy said:

No wood. Only problem is what you already mentioned about the scuppers. Tank is aluminum. I’m on my third 2200v and have never had any issues other than normal wear and tear. You may see spider cracking in corners esp. around storage compartments but those are mostly cosmetic. I have several but none have gotten worse over the years. That motor combo will be fast on the V hull. Just look it over good before you purchase. If you have any specific questions we’ll be glad to answer them. Good luck. 

Have you had issues with the aluminum tanks? I read somewhere else they were all poly, but asked just to be sure. 

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

my 2004 200te has a poly tank.

easy to look under the console in the pie hole and see the tank style and basic conditions. 

the raybuds decrease but do not eliminate the water coming in.

I just confirmed the tank is made out of a poly plastic material.

Have you experienced the V hull with raybuds? How much water should I expect and under what circumstances?

Thanks!

when they are new you will think they are the cats meow but the rubber part will harden and bebry can interfere with the seal and their effectiveness will diminish but overall they help.

depending on  water in livewell and size of individuals I would  say about an inch or two. it does not bother me because  if I'm fishing I  ecpect to be wet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, smilemaker said:

when they are new you will think they are the cats meow but the rubber part will harden and bebry can interfere with the seal and their effectiveness will diminish but overall they help.

depending on  water in livewell and size of individuals I would  say about an inch or two. it does not bother me because  if I'm fishing I  ecpect to be wet.

Thanks for the info. I should probably stick with the XL hull.

don't know  the price  but that should be a  fast machine that would  catch  a lot of fish.

I  would  repower my 04. TE with a 250 long before going to a XL hull. 

many other considerations but the internal trim tabs don't add to performance in my view. don't  let the water issue scare you. it is not an all the time situation and rarely does it exten to the leaning post. it does not cover the entire floor.

12 hours ago, Hutch03 said:

Water on the deck of my 2005 2200 v was an issue only w 3 or 4 people in the stern. Rabuds solves the problem for the most part. If the boat is in fine shape and the motor checks out you should be good to go.  

It ended up having some damage on the underside of the hull and the skeg was missing a ton of paint (high up too) for having such low hours. The previous owner definitely ran into a lot of stuff. It's a shame, because the rest of the boat was nice. 

I still have my original 2005 skeg, it gets painted with Mercury Phantom Black spray paint at least on a year. If the skeg is not damaged, I would not worry about that. Any hull cosmetic damage can be easily repaired by a good glass shop. Have the boat surveyed and make sure the damage is not structural. Consider the repair costs in your offer.

Best of luck

4 minutes ago, nhinshoreangler said:

I still have my original 2005 skeg, it gets painted with Mercury Phantom Black spray paint at least on a year. If the skeg is not damaged, I would not worry about that. Any hull cosmetic damage can be easily repaired by a good glass shop. Have the boat surveyed and make sure the damage is not structural. Consider the repair costs in your offer.

Best of luck

The lowest he said he would go was $39,500.

2007 hull, 90 hours on the 250 SHO, all new pumps and brand new jack plate hydros. The glass work would probably cost $2k or so, plus the motor needs a service and three batteries and the on-board charger need to be replaced. 

I did not feel comfortable paying that much and having to put more into it to get it right. I will probably wait for the market to settle before I make a move. 

My budget is around $40k. Do you think I could get something newer (around 2012) with low hours for that price?

1 hour ago, campbellt3 said:

The lowest he said he would go was $39,500.

2007 hull, 90 hours on the 250 SHO, all new pumps and brand new jack plate hydros. The glass work would probably cost $2k or so, plus the motor needs a service and three batteries and the on-board charger need to be replaced. 

I did not feel comfortable paying that much and having to put more into it to get it right. I will probably wait for the market to settle before I make a move. 

My budget is around $40k. Do you think I could get something newer (around 2012) with low hours for that price?

I doubt it at the moment. The used market is crazy right now, it is red hot. I have never considered selling my boat but seeing the prices used boats are bringing at the moment has my wheels starting  to turn. I would suggest waiting for the market to settle back down if you can.  Under normal conditions you should be able to find a 2012ish  in your price range. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D-linesider said:

I doubt it at the moment. The used market is crazy right now, it is red hot. I have never considered selling my boat but seeing the prices used boats are bringing at the moment has my wheels starting  to turn. I would suggest waiting for the market to settle back down if you can.  Under normal conditions you should be able to find a 2012ish  in your price range. 

I agree, the market is insane. I just sold my boat and had no intention of selling it, but I felt like I had to do it. I actually MADE MONEY off a boat I owned for more than two years. Crazy.

Thanks for your input. I am on the hunt again..

I agree you’ll be better off to wait on the market to cool down. Then you’ll have no problem getting a newer model in that price range. I just spent a pile of $ on mine or I would be considering selling. Idk if everyone is getting their asking price or not but they are dang sure asking a ton for them! Crazy! 

20 minutes ago, Miss Jazzy said:

I agree you’ll be better off to wait on the market to cool down. Then you’ll have no problem getting a newer model in that price range. I just spent a pile of $ on mine or I would be considering selling. Idk if everyone is getting their asking price or not but they are dang sure asking a ton for them! Crazy! 

I sold my Key West 1720 last week.

It was a 2016 that I bought used in 2018. I paid $19,500 for it, added a leaning post and I pilot trolling motor, and sold it two years later for $24,200. Yep, I would call that crazy!

• Like 1