Splash well service door enlargement

Dbl D

2003, 2200V. Engine sold, new 200 Suzuki on way. Definitely time to improve bilge access. Existing hole 8.5in.  I want to install a rectangular no hinge service door (Jim Black or Innovative).  9x13 up to 9x21.  Glass in this area is thin and certainly doesn’t feel structural but....... Question is how big and has anyone safely enlarged this opening on your rig? Issues/problems/suggestions.  Know of any other companies making no-hinge service doors? Thanks in advance for info.

4D7D4306-D358-4851-9EC8-A9705A85AAA1.jpeg

I think a lot of us have whacked out the ole MBG pie hole for something bigger on lots of their models. I used a gasketed TH Marine model that has no hinge so the entire lid is removable. It comes up fairly often on here and somewhere along the way I read maybe TH Marine no longer makes this style but not sure...a search of posts here may offer some more insight too on the Jim Black's as I remember reading about someone using it too.

IMG_5946.jpeg

14 hours ago, triplec said:

I think a lot of us have whacked out the ole MBG pie hole for something bigger on lots of their models. I used a gasketed TH Marine model that has no hinge so the entire lid is removable. It comes up fairly often on here and somewhere along the way I read maybe TH Marine no longer makes this style but not sure...a search of posts here may offer some more insight too on the Jim Black's as I remember reading about someone using it too.

IMG_5946.jpeg

This is the one I had looked for as well and could not find (above), what I did was get the same one but without the 2nd lock attachments...it had a hinge, I removed the hinge and then created a way to just lift it off a bolt...

Will get pics eventually :)

dc

17 hours ago, Redrum said:

Looks real to me,  I put in my cart, said white in stock and asked for credit card info.  They are a lot more money now than they used to be,  but what isn't.

Yes they are. Good that they brought them back. Well worth the money. My spider monkey is getting old for working down there. 😀