Anchor light replacement

Shallowminded6

Mine is the original flip up or down type  It is useful if you are poling,not to worry about hitting it .  Basically works fine,but you have to remember to have it in up position if it is raining.  the globe will let water in in the down position.   They now may have one with a water tight globe.  I'll check the name of the product tomorrow.

BDC3E4C6-70E6-495A-84EA-268DCE3C44FF.thumb.png.52bc79728bccdf820d0bbb5762033765.png I had the same version of hella flip up,none of them lasted more than three years.  I run often after sunset and the fold up style light created a problem with front deck glare with mounting position on side of platform. Last time looking for yet another replacement (after same light overloaded fuse and I had to drive home with no lights) I came across the sealed Naviled 360 with a flush mount and installed it in the location  of a puck style gps antenna - I previously had a similar antenna there and was use to not stepping on it.  With the far aft and starboard placement on the platform, the entire deck of my  18’ boat is inside the shadow of the platform.  Having the 360 degree visibility safety factor and zero deck glare, made a happy outcome of my ‘let’s try it and see what happens’ purchase/ placement decision.  The sealed unit also has a 5 year warranty.

https://www.hellamarine.com/en/products/navigation-lamps/all-round-white-anchor/2-nm-naviled-360-compact-all-round-white-navigation-lamps.html

this was a repost, edited a little - hope it helps.  From your original pop up, hella now makes same as a sealed led unit, but the short version, in length to what you may have now, I wasn’t able to find for sale in US, maybe now it’s available.  I’ve had this version for about 18 months.

• 2 weeks later...