Scupper Problem

• 2 weeks later...

I did forget to mention buy the spacer separately from dusky. That does not come w the rabuds only a gasket. The starboard spacer is what makes this work well.  I read a lot of forums posts before I figured out how to offset and tap the spacer holes correctly so I could take the covers off without taking the spacer off the transom.

Once the spacer is affixed to the transom with the correct hardware and 5200 mounting the rabud covers is easy. I will stress use the correct screws and be gentle. Don’t want to break one off In the transom...ask me how I know...hutch

I also found that I had water leaking through other hoses that I ended putting in ball valves and new scuppers besides the Rabuds. Newer models of Pathfinders have valves for safety reasons, in case a fitting or hose starts leaking or breaks while your under way.

Refer to picture.

518D741B-BB00-4DD3-AE85-9550EFFE3257.jpeg

5BB13CE3-8952-479B-B99E-42A7039549F0.jpeg

06D51241-731F-4FD8-B53C-5989BD444027.jpeg

CCF2787C-227C-4873-B9BF-889556AFBF14.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, scseadog said:

Will these rabuds style scuppers work on a 02 1900 with the scuppers on the side not the back?  I have tried these but they are useless and assume the water pressure might be too much for the rabuds

Flush Mount Scupper Valve Assembly - TH Marine Gear

That is basically what my boat came with.  They were just inside the exit ring on the transom.  They worked for a few years until the flapper dried out.  Once I put the Rabuds on, I have not had an issue. In the photo you can see what the boat came with. 

100_0281.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I installed the rabuds and initially they worked great for the first seven years or so. As of lately I’ve been getting a lot of water on the deck which was God sent because it really made me notice that my deck drains were leaking into the bilge. Not sure why the rabid stopped working may have to take it off and inspect it!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 10:16 PM, jim33042 said:

Ram ram, have you tried the simple ss twist style drain plugs? I had a neighbor who had to plug his red fisher side scuppers when not on plane.

Jim, yes I have those in now. Just though it would be nice not to have to pull and plug the side drains manually.

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2021 at 7:26 AM, Holdmybeer said:

I am considering adding Rabuds but it appears that is I lower my jack plate all the way down it would hit the Rabuds.Did any one experience this ?I have a 2009 with Yamaha 200.Not sure of the jack plate size , 6 inch?

I have that very issue, didn’t realize first time, forgot 2nd time, trying to avoid a 3rd time. Looking for something lower profile, or perhaps the duckbill from GemLux. Did you ever find a solution?

• 1 month later...

I redid my scuppers on the boat and added the Gemlux duckbills and those have been great.   I replaced the deck scuppers, added new hoses, shut off ball valves and then the gemlux duck bills.

They have been great preventing water getting in.  I do sometimes have issues with two many leaves in the boat, but a garden hose gets them flushed out.

This was on a 2001 2200v.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 4:51 PM, gtrfred said:

I redid my scuppers on the boat and added the Gemlux duckbills and those have been great.   I replaced the deck scuppers, added new hoses, shut off ball valves and then the gemlux duck bills.

They have been great preventing water getting in.  I do sometimes have issues with two many leaves in the boat, but a garden hose gets them flushed out.

This was on a 2001 2200v.

Have any pic's? It is one of my upcoming projects.

Thanks