SeaDek, Marine Mat, Etc Etc

Lap it Up

Morning All! 

Does anyone recommend an installer in South South Florida?  I open to getting quotes from any of the major brands (Seadek, Marine Mat, Aqua Traction, Hydroturf etc).  I have called several places and its like pulling teeth to get someone out to see the boat.  The one guy that did come out (marine mat dealer) has been working on my "quote" for two weeks!  I am looking to get all the non skid done on a 18.5 wahoo.  Let me know who you have used!  

Thanks! 

I do some animal dentistry in my practice. Extracting teeth is my least favorite thing to do. Im doing it the way I was taught( with elevators, no drill) , but man, I find it difficult. Bad teeth are easy, but a chipped tooth with healthy roots is a bear. 

sorry for the hi jack. There has never been a busier time for folks making boating accessories. Everyone is backed up

Lap, I found this company https://www.seaupholstery.com/ they are by Miami Executive Airport (Tamiami). I am going to them to get estimates on cushions for the bay boat.They use different brands of decking and do the cutting on-site they also do upholstery work. Young company but they look like they do nice work. Their Facebook page has some really nice pictures and you do not need to be a member of facebook to view them. Just google seaupholestry. 

42 minutes ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Lap, I found this company https://www.seaupholstery.com/ they are by Miami Executive Airport (Tamiami). I am going to them to get estimates on cushions for the bay boat.They use different brands of decking and do the cutting on-site they also do upholstery work. Young company but they look like they do nice work. Their Facebook page has some really nice pictures and you do not need to be a member of facebook to view them. Just google seaupholestry. 

I will!  Thank you Alan! 

Update!  

So SeaUpholstery and Marine Custom Outfitters are in the same warehouse.  They are partners.  SeaUp does all the decking and upholstery and MCO does amazing custom plastic work and installs.  I took the boat by on Saturday and got an in person quote.  The price and service works for me so i dropped off a cash deposit for Ocean Grip flooring.  I cant wait for the material to come in and have it installed.  Thanks for the recommendations.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DaveC said:

Not the same materials between them guys.... some of those products are mostly PVC rather than EVA, so they'll build heat more so than others, also the 3M PSA is not the same... just saying?

Perhaps some of the lower end products.  My brother currently has Marine Mat in one boat and seadek in another.  He prefers Marine Mat (less heat better adhesion).  So far Ocean Grip has been exceptional but only time will tell.  I was in the Keys last weekend and will say my dark grey over black didn't feel hot at all.  The Faux teak Seadek in my brothers 21 MA was considerably hotter.   

48 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:

Perhaps some of the lower end products.  My brother currently has Marine Mat in one boat and seadek in another.  He prefers Marine Mat (less heat better adhesion).  So far Ocean Grip has been exceptional but only time will tell.  I was in the Keys last weekend and will say my dark grey over black didn't feel hot at all.  The Faux teak Seadek in my brothers 21 MA was considerably hotter.   

That's right, they are all different and some will perform better than others?  I have cool gray over black and it is awesome on my feet and not hot at all.  You know that I rep SeaDek to OEM and I can tell you that product is scrutinized in more ways than you can imagine, and most all OE's use it so... your logic with all of them is correct, time will tell?  And YES that Chinese stuff on Amazon is not worth it....    But if you're getting good service and you like the quality I say that's all good!