1986 maverick

Hightailin18

Looking for some background info on the 1986 18’3 maverick. Got a 98 lappy now and I’d like to know the pros and cons of that year mav. Was it composite ? How does it ride with the recessed transom. What are some common issues if any . What size gas tank does it have ? 
I appreciate the help 

3CFA81A6-9658-4BE2-9D28-C5037824A183.jpeg

• Like 1

Thats a great hull right there.   I had an 87 with the same design before my current 2000.   The extended transom rides great, and I assume the extensions are just flow though live wells.    Check the stringers in the back and make sure they arent separating from the hull, rare but a few later models had that happen.  If they are delammed, just grind down and retab, pretty easy and you have a big opening in that splashwell.  

MBG told me there was no wood in these models once they started building them, so yours should not have any wood to worry about.   

I lived my 87 so much I grabbed a 2000 when it showed up on here.   Happy to talk if you have more questions.  

• 1 month later...