2021 2300HPS Options

Larry Bell

Hi Folks,

I sold my 2009 Hewes 18'RF.  I am preparing for my Charter Captain (6-pack) License and will be buying (ordering) a new 2300HPS.

Any options you didn't get, that you wish you had gotten?  

Pros / Cons of 250-SHO vs 300hp Yamaha?

Garmin vs Simrad (and why)?

Anything else you care to share?

Larry

@Josh B has owned both, and has chimed in here on the subject before. Maybe searching for it will result in the info you’re looking for. I don’t think he frequents the forum all that much anymore, but maybe he’ll see this and chime in. You can’t go wrong with either power plant, but keep in mind the 300 has a 25” shaft compared to the SHO’s 20” shaft. Also, the 300 has electronic shift, which I hear is ultra slick. 

20 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:

You can get an SHO in either 20 or 25.  

I realize that, but you can't get the 300 in 20" and that was more the point. There are obviously benefits to having a 20" shaft if you fish a lot of shallow water, just like there are benefits of having a 25" shaft if you fish mostly deeper water. 

1 hour ago, BradM said:

I realize that, but you can't get the 300 in 20" and that was more the point. There are obviously benefits to having a 20" shaft if you fish a lot of shallow water, just like there are benefits of having a 25" shaft if you fish mostly deeper water. 

Nizpro makes a 20" 335!!  :-)