Raise poling platform

Toeknee217

I believe my Lappy Redfisher  originally had a 115 mercury on the back and now I have a taller v6 installed. My poling platform must be raised another couple of inches so that I can tilt and remove cowling. Is it possible, or even worth it $$$ wise to add to this existing platform? The platform pictured connects at the transom of the hull and then on four different points on the deck. Thanks 

395930CA-31FE-4FB8-8091-E7215981465C_4_5005_c.jpeg.eb57d2d9ec26ba977c0153c5a7e4ce31.jpeg

If you want a platform then yes, worth the $$$. Take it up to Broward and go see The Outlaw, Ralph on this forum he can do it for you. If you don't feel like going to Broward there is a T-Top manufacturer by the Falls off of 129 Terr, across from Eric's outboards, they may do it. There is also Mitchell's welding on the corner of 87th Ave where it turns towards US1, they are behind the gas station.

2 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

If you want a platform then yes, worth the $$$. Take it up to Broward and go see The Outlaw, Ralph on this forum he can do it for you. If you don't feel like going to Broward there is a T-Top manufacturer by the Falls off of 129 Terr, across from Eric's outboards, they may do it. There is also Mitchell's welding on the corner of 87th Ave where it turns towards US1, they are behind the gas station.

Yes I definitely want a poling platform. My question was more along the lines of cost to extend all six legs vs buying a new platform. I had some cracks in my contender t-top fixed at marine welding( The one you mention by the falls) and it was 100$ per crack. If it costs 4-600 to extend, I may be better off paying for a new one. Im gonna give both a call. Thanks 

Go ahead and PM The Outlaw and ask him what the cost would be, trust me; it is worth the ride! Miami welders are outrageous in pricing and many, not all do shabby work. That being said though, if you do find somebody who is good and reasonably priced let us know. 

$100 a crack!? That must have been some good crack! I just might have to get back into welding again.

image.jpeg

• Like 1