1999 maverick ? Can anyone identify this hull ?

JPH

I cant help on confirming year. Mirage or early HPX would be a guess based on platform and splash well. Its not a Master Angler set up I don't think or not one I have seen. I think there was a light tackle master angler somewhere in 90s though. Maybe hit the brochure page on here for some of those 2 models. 

11 hours ago, triplec said:

I cant help on confirming year. Mirage or early HPX would be a guess based on platform and splash well. Its not a Master Angler set up I don't think or not one I have seen. I think there was a light tackle master angler somewhere in 90s though. Maybe hit the brochure page on here for some of those 2 models. 

Thanks, I am thinking a mirage but none of the brochure configs match perfectly. 

3 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I have not been around this site as long as some of these guys. I would question the molded nonskid. I have not seen that in other Mavericks so if there was one mold that they did that it will help identify the model.  Could be just a good clone. 

Yeah I have been somewhat stumped. Based on photos it the only maverick badge is on the transom bracket. The clone idea may be on to something. I am going to go look at it tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

Agreed.  That does not look like a maverick at all

Yeah I am not sure. The only maverick badge I can see is on the transom. I am going to look at it tonight. Maybe a silver king? Keywest stealth ? 

Wow... if its an early HPX the aft draft angle of the hullside isn't correct...( might just be the camera angle on the first pic?) If it was an MA it would have strakes forward, perhaps it is an early light tackle if it's a Mav?  Interested to hear what you find out for sure. 

50 minutes ago, Toeknee217 said:

The hull lines, color combo, hatch layout, and transom etc. look an awful lot  like an Eagle flats boat. I believe they made a 16 and 18 pro series but they are no longer in production. The previous owner must've  added the maverick transom plate. 

Wow I think you got it. I am about to go look at it and confirm. But if that is the case based on reviews I will run away!! Makes sense to slap the transom plate on for a better sale...

3 hours ago, JPH said:

Wow I think you got it. I am about to go look at it and confirm. But if that is the case based on reviews I will run away!! Makes sense to slap the transom plate on for a better sale...

Hey thank you. Owner was dodging the make question,until I mentioned it was an eagle. She told me not to listen to the bad reviews.... which made me even more afraid. 

44 minutes ago, JPH said:

Hey thank you. Owner was dodging the make question,until I mentioned it was an eagle. She told me not to listen to the bad reviews.... which made me even more afraid. 

No problem. Smart move asking on this forum before purchasing. Ive never owned one so I can't confirm on quality or lack thereof. Definitely wouldn't want someone to pay for a maverick quality boat and get an eagle.