Flamingo Boat ramps ??? Any updates on the road?

Was there last week. The two major problem spots have been worked on and are much better. The grinding of the road does not bother my rig, its just dirty. Coming in the park just before Royal Palm the bridge transitions are rough. Slow way down. After the bridges I run toward the middle of the road to avoid the dirty edges. When the road work ends the transition is steep. Again slow way down. The rest of the way is good to go. The e mail I got back from ENP on June 17 said the work is to resume. I have not seen the work resume yet but they did improve the giant holes around the bridges and the transition area. 

I made it to Flamingo yesterday and back image.gif.a64ff30bcb94984e2bdfd33b6a92eada.gif

The road is not as bad as I thought it would be.....

The actual road construction is now about 7.5 miles...it begins at about 2-3 miles from the entrance where it begin with multiple signs and signs for dips, etc.

You slow down, pure and simple and drive in center of the road - safely....

We entered at 0600 in the dark and no one was behind us.....we took the road at 20-25 mph and kept in the middle with the bright's on....

I didn't hit any potholes of consequence....I slowed way down at the dips and where the road met a bridge...

@ 60 mph you hit the ramps in about 38 mins....without the construction.

8 miles @ 20 mph takes you about 24 minutes.....so, our total time was about 1 hour to make the ramp...

NO BIG DEAL on my part....

ON the way back I ran at about 25-30 as I could see ahead and again, stayed in the middle, except when I saw rear or on-coming traffic and then I slowed way down to let them pass.....

thank you for the insights to @ Bob Lemay on Microskiff forum...he provided me with good insights and safety info.......it really has to be a PIA for those who work there....but, put on the POD Cast or your tunes/SIRIS radio and enjoy the view on the way back......

DC