LT20, Leave poling platform on or off?

Bever

I have an LT20. The “new to me” motor slightly hits the poling platform when all the way up. I never pole this boat but sometimes climb up to cast or see. I’m interested to hear from anyone that has removed their platform. Do you miss it? I guess I could always put it back on if I took it off. Thoughts?

2A7D73B4-D358-4453-97C1-1A8C8268FFFB.jpeg

CE623974-43FE-4762-A32A-060B112C4F27.jpeg

Edited by Bever
Reads better

I'm a trolling motor guy and haven't poled any of my flats boats, but i do love a platform for sighting, leaning against and eating lunch.  

With that said... I also love the way larger flats boats look without a platform.  Have you thought about making risers?  I have seen people make starboard risers and aluminum risers to make cowlings clear.  

I had not thought of that. Good suggestion. Thank you. I use the trolling motor also. I have considered having a different arrangement of platforms made for the area the platform is now. Maybe two small platforms? Each 2 ft up from the deck on either side of the engine? 

On 7/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, Lap it Up said:

but i do love a platform for sighting, leaning against and eating lunch.  

Funny thing was when Bill Curtis and Bob Hewes invented the Poling Platform, the industry and ol'e timers laughed and said it looked like a picnic table, full circle, now and days most are used for eating off of and placing drink or food when fighting a fish, up and out of the way! 

I kept mine on even though I never poled it, it was very convenient and my rod holders were mounted to it.

Oh yeah, by the way, nice ride!