2020 pathfinder 2400 trs upgrades info

Scottygee47

So this is my first post and have no idea how to add pics so if someone could help me out that would be great.  I just purchased a 2020 pathfinder 2400trs and have added a lot of upgrades so far and wanted to give everyone some info because I didn’t see a ton when I looked so figured it out as I went. Here is a list of items that I’ve purchased so far 

1. garmin 1242xsv 

2. garmin black box and gt54 ducer 

3. fusion Apollo srx  400

4. 6 jl audio 8.8’s (2 in the front, 2 in the console, and 2 under the jump seats)

5. Port and starboard power pole pro series 2  (port has fit me to issues so figuring th out out now) 

6. Jl audio 6/600 amp

7. 4 odyssey 2150 batteries

8. 4 bank on board charger 

and much more.  Just wanted to give people a heads up of how the items look and let you know they will fit.  Someone let me know if u can help me out with the pics 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Smoak352 said:

The boat looks awesome. I really like the blue. 

I have the same amp powering six 7.7s. Those 8.8s are awesome but you need more power going to them. 

I agree. The full potential of the 8.8's is met with 200w/ea going to them. An 800/8 would handle that for 4 of them, but you're looking at adding an amp to do that. 

Great looking boat, I love what you did with the colors! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 7:32 PM, Scottygee47 said:

So for the record and anyone who reads this thread down the road the transducer did not work, garmin said it would and then after I installed it it didn’t.  I ended up removing it and switching it to a gt34UHD and adding a through hull for deeper water. 

Did you also move the GT34UHD transducer to the transom?  Or, did you install the new one in the same spot as before, in the pocket?

Beautiful new boat btw!  👍

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 7:47 AM, geeviam said:

Did you also move the GT34UHD transducer to the transom?  Or, did you install the new one in the same spot as before, in the pocket?

Beautiful new boat btw!  👍

Yes I installed the gt34UHD in the pocket.  Same spot as the last one.  The garmin tech messed up and convinced me to buy the 54 and after everything was installed and 5200 was dry they told me they made a mistake.  Luckily they supplied me with the gt34 as well as a through hull as well for the deeper water 

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2020 at 7:21 AM, Drummer said:

Beautiful vessel! Glad to see another 2400TRS owner who does not have a t-top. Hard to fly fish with one in the way!

Yes I went the route of a large custom Bimini top.  This way I can get a large amount of shade instead of the little bit from a t top and when I wanna fish I take it off via the quick release brackets.  I use the Bimini mostly for the sandbar. 

0E384F4B-EBBC-4CDD-935D-CC7D876A3F9D.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice looking rig! I’m putting some 8.8’s in my 2400trs and was wondering what the clearance was like up front where you have them mounted. Was there 5” for the mounting depth or did you need extension rings to compensate? Thanks in advance 

21 hours ago, DrewD said:

Nice looking rig! I’m putting some 8.8’s in my 2400trs and was wondering what the clearance was like up front where you have them mounted. Was there 5” for the mounting depth or did you need extension rings to compensate? Thanks in advance 

Looking back through the photos, there aren't any spacer rings being used. I have a 23 HPS, which is a bit tighter on space, and was able to fit 8.8.s just fine. Tight, but fine. For any 23 HPS owners reading this in the future, mine is a 2018, which is the first model that I'm aware of that could fit 8.8's at the rod locker location without spacers or cutting the inside of the rod locker liner. Just a heads up. 

DrewD, thanks for reviving this thread. The op's 24 with no t-top is one GREAT Looking boat!!! 

On 7/6/2020 at 7:25 PM, Scottygee47 said:

Thanks, I can’t figure out how to turn the pics but figured I’d upload some pics so anyone looking to do this stuff could see it and ask any questions 

if you edit them and crop just a hair and ave that you can then upload it and it will be positioned correctly