2020 22trs w/ Sho 200 prop recommendations

I just ordered a new 22trs with the sho 200 and have read a lot about props so I looking to narrow the choice down for props.. I didn’t ask the sales guy about props so does anyone have experience about how the pick the prop for the boat when they deliver? That said, if I have a choice of Yamaha props I’m wondering if I should go with one from  the bulletin , in this case a Yamaha HS4? Boat will have T Top, trolling motor and battery’s in console. 

• Like 1

I have a boat that resembles The 22TRS with. 200 SHO. I am not sure what pitch HS4 the performance bulletin used but yes I would recommend the HS4. I know what prop not to put on there because I bought my boat used with a terrible prop selection on it.  I have run a couple of good props on my boat. The mercury tempest plus in 21 pitch and the merc enertia prop in 19 pitch both three blades did very well. I now run a Bravo1FS which honestly is very compatible in the way it runs to the tempest plus. I also have an HS4 that is a great prop and runs even on speed and rpm through the range .. the bravo 1fs will do the same thing. I think the HS4 is a bit thicker and may not be quite as fast as the Bravo1FS

The 200 sho is hard to prop on the 22 trs. My HS4 21 pitch was a good all around prop but was to much pitch. Never could get better than 5400 rpm consistently. I had an OFX4 power tech 18 pitch and it was still a little much for the 200. My buddy had the HS4 21 on the same boat with a 250 and it ran very well. When the warranty was done I did my ecu. The same boat and motor with the ecu can swing a 22 FPX Turbo dead square to 6000 rpm. I now have a Bravo 1 FS 23.5 I bought used and it runs 6000 rpm easily. My 200 SHO is an Awesome Motor but as a 200 it did not have the top end to carry the available pitch props. Example,  Smallest HS4 is 21 pitch.

I think HoneyB my have had the best match with the 19 tempest or Inertia. My powertech preformed well but did not last and in a short time developed a 1.5 inch crack in the center of one blade and powertech would not stand behind there defective product so I moved on. Also the shape of the OFX blade is not optimal. I use to say before the ecu upgrade that an 18.5 pitch HS4 would have ( if they would have made that pitch) been the ultimate prop on my 22 trs with the 200 sho, Great holeshot, awesome bite even in hard turns, smooth in and out of gear (SDS) and easy on The steering or should I say very easy to steer even trimmed.

the prop that came on my boat was the ofx 3 blade... don’t buy one of those for a 22 foot pathfinder. 
 The other enertia and the tempest plus both turned 5600 or better. My boat ran 51 to 52 mph.  I was pleased with the performance with the 200. I do think the Bravo1 fs in 21 pitch would turn up to very decent rpm. 
 I too flashed my 200.. now running 23 Bravo1FS I will just say my boat flys. And I have a t top as well.