WTB 2300 HPS prop

I have a 2011 23HPS with 2019 250 SHO and have done the prop dance the last 2 months. 5 batteries re-located to my CC, half tank of fuel, 24V Trolling motor, results below.

- 3 Blade 19P - No Bueno 

- 4 Blade Bravo 1 FS 24P - 54MPH @ 5200RPM Cruise Speed 39MPH @ 3900RPM

- 4 Blade Rev 4 XP 23P - 50MPH @ 5200RPM Cruise Speed 42MPH @ 3900RPM

- 4 Blade Rev 4 XP 21P - 57MPH @ 5700RPM Cruise Speed 37MPH @ 3900RPM

If you do not have a T-Top consider the Rev 4 XP 22P or the Bravo 1 FS 22P. Rev 4 is better offshore prop in my opinion, boat rides flatter since the Rev 4 has longer barrel and acts as a trim. Bravo 1 FS has a shorter barrel and provides more bow lift for maximum speed, I bet the Bravo 1 FS in 22P would FLY

I tried all props new from box.

On my boat (2018 HPS) the Bravo FS in 22p will do 62-63 mph. I’ve moved things around and bet it would do 64 now. The HPS needs ALL the bow lift she can get to move out. 

All props are different and run different. You may turn a 22p by one mfg. but not be able to turn a 20p by another. As Bama mentioned above, you can turn an OFX4/20p on your hull, but it’s slow as hell on the HPS and hard to steer above 50 mph, and tops out at 56-57 mph. 

• Like 1

I have a 2015 hps running a bravo fs 22 pitch.  Light it will run 62 to 64 mph 61 rpm cruise low 40's at 3.5 mpg.  Last week topped the tank off full gear with 3 200 plus men and a full live well broke 60 mph.  I also have a 23 pitch power tech that runs about 61 mph. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yamaha HS4 in 23 pitch worked great on my boat if you're running light (62-64 mph). 

If you're carrying a heavier load you may want the 22p, but i think either will work. 

The Bravo FS in 22-23p has just about been confirmed by a handful of people as being the fastest 4 blade prop.

The Bravo's tend to wear down faster than other props as they have pretty thin blades. The HS4 will get you within 1-2 mph of the Bravo from my experience.

The Rev4 suggested before is an awesome overall prop, they have stout thick blades that hold up very well over many years of use. Just keep in mind they are a larger, thicker, heavier prop so you will need to go down a pitch or two compared to the Bravo/HS4.

Long story short, buy a Bravo FS 22p or Yamaha HS4 22p and call it a day. Save yourself a lot of time and money trying a bunch of props.

Josh B.