2011 redfisher 16 prop

Mike6939

I just ordered this one at the Mercuy Marine/Mercruiser New OEM SpitFire X7 4 Blade Prop 13x17, 48-8M0055549recommendation of Geevium on the Hewes Forum. I have a 3 blade currently with a 2018 Merc  ProXS 115 on my new to me 2008 RF 16. I haven’t received it yet. Got the best price from Leaders RPM Shop. $518, no shipping, no tax.  He has a 115 SHO , search him on Hewes Forum. 
I just replaced my steering with Baystar Hydraulic steering. My cable steering was horrible, hurt my shoulders. My old steering was so rusted it had to be cut out. Ended up having someone else do it but most guys do it themselves. Funny thing, the guy I hired hooked it up backwards and I didn’t notice it until I backed off the trailer. A lady was watching me at the ramp and must have thought I was drunk or had some sort of emergency medical problem as I almost slammed the boat into the dock, marsh and struggled to get it back on the trailer in our fast Georgia currents. Steer right, the boat goes left! I had quite a conversation with him later in the day. He made it right. I made a video, I was a bit overheated 🥵 at the time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Spitfire X7 13x17.

50 @ 6300 rpm

Best prop I have owned hands down .

Solid plug !!!!!

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

VF115 turning a little 17 pitch Spitefire 6300 RPM @ 50 MPH that’s a lot of speed out of a 17 pitch prop. Very impressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike6939 said:

Thanks guys. My 115 is not a sho. It has a different gear ratio and max rpm is 6000. Do you think it will be ok?  Also is there anywhere around vero that will let me try a couple before I buy?

What is the gear ratio?  As long as it's not less than 2.00:1, I think the 13 x 17p Spitfire X7 is still a good choice for your rig.  Maybe someone will chime in here with help finding a rental or loaner to try?  Prop Gods maybe?

On 6/29/2020 at 8:55 PM, Wahoossi said:

Funny thing, the guy I hired hooked it up backwards and I didn’t notice it until I backed off the trailer. A lady was watching me at the ramp and must have thought I was drunk or had some sort of emergency medical problem as I almost slammed the boat into the dock, marsh and struggled to get it back on the trailer in our fast Georgia currents. Steer right, the boat goes left! I had quite a conversation with him later in the day.

Geeeez..how does that happen ???

Errrrrr ask me how I know (LOL)....not LOL at you, but, I had the same thing happen when I installed my U-Flex....talk about "Holy Batman, we need to turn the other way :) "

It took about 2 min to fix, you just reconnect the hoses.....he installed them reversed....easy to do if you are not paying attention... 

DC

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Geeeez..how does that happen ???

Errrrrr ask me how I know (LOL)....not LOL at you, but, I had the same thing happen when I installed my U-Flex....talk about "Holy Batman, we need to turn the other way :) "

It took about 2 min to fix, you just reconnect the hoses.....he installed them reversed....easy to do if you are not paying attention... 

DC

Not gonna lie. I have done it. Putting a boat together to sell. I changed the rotary helm. Stuck the cable in and never realized I went in the wrong “side” until I took it off the trailer to test run for the buyer. It turned out to be comical as I still did the test run. 

• Haha 2