2021 Hewes 18 redfisher

SeaSerpent123

Did you look at any other boats before you decided on the RF18? The reason I am asking is I am debating building a custom boat verses buying from MBG. I fish the IRL and Sebastain Inlet and want something that will be able to handle the current of the Inlet. Fishing buddies want me to by a bay boat where I want to stay with a flats.

8 hours ago, DaveVero said:

I fish the IRL and Sebastain Inlet and want something that will be able to handle the current of the Inlet. Fishing buddies want me to by a bay boat where I want to stay with a flats.

The new 21 Redfisher...........Like a Bay Boat ( big and wide)  Flat deck and setup like a flats boat.  

• Like 2

On 6/30/2020 at 12:51 PM, DaveVero said:

Did you look at any other boats before you decided on the RF18? The reason I am asking is I am debating building a custom boat verses buying from MBG. I fish the IRL and Sebastain Inlet and want something that will be able to handle the current of the Inlet. Fishing buddies want me to by a bay boat where I want to stay with a flats.

80/20 rule and budget dictates a good decision.

A new boat is always fun..but, if you are not in a rush, there are always owners who are upsizing and down sizing every day.

I went from a 23 dusky, to a 18 RF , to 23 Pathfinder, to a 17 PF tunnel, to a 17 MA...not going anywhere else...but, it takes time to really understand what anyhow you fish....

dc