Boarding ladder

First angler

On my 21 Redfisher I had a sport dive ladder I kept stowed on the boat. It’s mounted on the bracket you see above the tag. The poling tower acted like a grab rail it worked very well and left a clean profile when removed. I had the 3 step ladder instead of the 2 step and also the one that floated. Manufacturer was Garelick.

7D1B40CF-5017-405D-AB75-65B6F8EE15EE.thumb.jpeg.a8f8213e9abab4ce309a9b9ae98f81c2.jpeg

Both Wanaflatsfish and Coto are experienced and responsible boaters and I on the other hand am not.....Responsible. I currently have the ladder they speak of on my bay boat. After snorkeling the reef in the keys and everyone came on board, had lunch and relaxed a bit, we all decided to head back in. Well for that hour or so of relaxing I forgot all about the swim ladder and finally remembered when I looked back and saw an unusual wake behind the boat. I left that ladder down and by then it had bent enough to make getting it off the bracket a PITA and lost the bottom step rubber! Moral to the story, the ladder works, just tie a string to the steering wheel/throttle to remind you it is deployed that way you do not have to post about your failures as a boater:S! It can also be reversed and put upwards on the same bracket so you do not have to store it. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, MuddyBottomBluz said:

Well for that hour or so of relaxing I forgot all about the swim ladder and finally remembered when I looked back and saw an unusual wake behind the boat.

Been there, done that one :)

good idea on the string or something on the console...yep, I think I may have done it more than once :(

DC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...