2004 2200 TE with new 250 VMAX SHO

Just re-powered after losing a piston on a 2004 225hp VMAX.

New engine is a 2020 250 VMAX SHO.

Was getting around 56mph before with the 225 and a 23p 4 blade prop from the previous owner.

Curious what recommendations people would have for max speed and fuel efficiency.

Thanks!

Hey Red -- could you expand on what you mean by saying 'on my hull', especially after saying you arent a fan, LOL :) 

Reading a bit, seems like there is a lot of love for the Mercury Tempest or Bravo 1 FS to eek out even more HP and keep RPMs near that 6k. Feel like I read a few posts of former Power Tech people switching and being happy, in fact.

I got no dog in the fight for sure! Ive actually never re-propped before, and just gone with whatever came on it, so I am quite ignorant.

Your 2200 has a 20” transom, whereas the newer hulls have 25” transoms.  Therefore the older 2200 hulls ran a 20” shaft motor with no jack plate which made cavitation incredibly bad on any turn.....the Power Tech OFX series props solved that problem and you could literally not make them blow out in a turn.  I run a Power Tech SCD prop on my boat now and it performs overall pretty good.  It’s not a speed daemon, but it bites well and tames porpoising well.  The Mercury Props have always been top performers.......but there is more data available for your year model Hull with a Power Tech wheel.  I would call Marcus at Power Tech and let him run some numbers. 

Three best props I have ever ran are. Mercury Bravo1 fs.  Mercury tempest plus and was surprised to find the Yamaha HS4  does really well to. I would say start with 21 pitch with the tempest plus or 22 with the Bravo1 fs or the Yamaha HS4. 
  All three of this props will lift your boat and run fast.