Cobia Bay Rod Lockers

Cobiabay415

Just recently purchased a 2013 Cobia Bay21, and I am extremely happy with is so far.  Has anyone else run into an issue with storing rods in the rod lockers?  I tried to fit a 7ft star rd, smaller/medium size rod (nothing crazy big) and couldn't get it fully in because of the first eyelet.  Has anyone made any mods for this, or just simple swapped out the size of the PVC pipe?  Any input would gladly be appreciated!

• 4 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 9:35 PM, Cobiabay415 said:

Just recently purchased a 2013 Cobia Bay21, and I am extremely happy with is so far.  Has anyone else run into an issue with storing rods in the rod lockers?  I tried to fit a 7ft star rd, smaller/medium size rod (nothing crazy big) and couldn't get it fully in because of the first eyelet.  Has anyone made any mods for this, or just simple swapped out the size of the PVC pipe?  Any input would gladly be appreciated!

•  

Hi Cobiabay415,

How are you making out with your rod lockers? We have a 2016 Cobia Bay and I store four 6'6" Star rods in our lockers all the time but it takes me some careful manuvering to fit that last eye into the tube. I was wondering if the tubes were long enough for 7 footers. I'd ike to get a 7' in order to step up to a Medium/Heavy. Were you ever able to get the 7' in?