Still Learning the Area (With a little help)

Chief5130

Went out of the Lafayette Rv. yesterday to try a new area.  I got one red fish, this trout and a number of small blue fish.  The blues made it almost impossible to fish with plastics.

Put just over 25 miles on the boat trying different places.  Will try again next week.   It is great being retired and not having to fish on the weekends.😃

IMG_2902 (1).jpeg

Little Chief, 

Enjoy your posts here and it's fun watching you learn the new area.    Having moved around a few times, I know how frustrating and overwhelming it can be to learn a new area, but you seem to be making good progress.   After my last two moves, I made a decision to hire a guide once every quarter for a year to learn each of the different seasons.   The 2K it cost me (less if you split it) made a HUGE difference.   That learning curve is so steep at first, but once you have a few patterns and general areas, it accelerates quickly.   I've heard good things about the fishing up there and am jealous of your striper fishery.     Keep us posted on your progress!

• 2 weeks later...