Help with 1982 model identification

Mark's Ark

Hi all! 

Well being the idiot that I am , I went and bought my 4th boat last week. It is a 1982 Hewes something. The title only says Hewes 17'. I was told by the woman that owned it that her husband thought it was a Redfisher.  It is 17 1/2 feet from bow to bait boxes and 76" wide. I will include some pics of the layout. Thanks for the help. Mark. 

hewes bow.jpg

hewes side.jpg

hewes stern.jpg

Whatever model it is it has been worked on, Provide the serial number and I may be able to provide more info. The back deck is not factory and the way the deck is bonded to the hull is not either. Rod holders have been replaced, original were all wood and had curves in them for the rods to sit down in. Ribs on the floor, never seen that before, I maybe wrong but can verify. Spray rails back then were teak and definitely  not bonded to the hull, yours are not teak and are bonded to the hull. The serial number should start with RGFL there have been may of companies that rebuild them and sell as their own. 

Not saying it is not a Hewes, but definitely not original.

Yes Muddy, The guy who owed the boat previously built racing skulls. He replaced all the original wood with composite and closed cell foam and re-glassed. The serial# RGLF1339M82A. I wish I could find out more info but the gentleman passed away last year and his wife doesn't recall much. Thanks so much for any info!