What a great weekend! On Saturday I fished out of Flamingo w/ my boy (Zach). We launched in the dark and made a long run to an area north of the shark river where we caught a bunch of small snook and one slot size red with some ladyfish and jack mixed in. Zach was throwing topwater and was rewarded with a nice snook that inhaled his plug. Unfortunately, after several jumps and strong runs, it wore through the leader before we could get a hold of her. Then we ran offshore to look for permit but found none. We did mange a few big jacks and got cut off several times by sharks. Finished off back on the coast and found another nice red that was invited home for dinner. Then while I was cleaning up the boat and putting things away, I get a text from Big Dave inviting me to join him on Sunday.

We left OR right a first light and ran south. Our first spot produced several slot size reds and a few jacks and cats. We moved on to the next spot and worked a shoreline where we caught some small snook. We did see a big red there, and one nice snook as well, but could not get either to eat. As the tide topped out, we decided to work an area on the outside that was loaded with all kinds of bait but not many predators feeding on them. Once the tide started to fall the action began to heat up. We worked several different small islands that were loaded with small to medium size snook with a few reds and trout mixed in. After thing slowed down a bit, we left fish to find fish and decided we would run back to Choko on the inside. We stopped at a spot Dave knew and and started catching small snook, one after the other. Then as Dave was reeling in one, he says "there's a big snook following" so I pitched my jig/gulp combo next to it and BAM... big girl slams it! Luckily, since it had chased that little snook off the shoreline, I was able to land a 33" beauty. A little further down the shoreline, it was Dave that hooked a solid snook but unfortunately it found a downed tree and broke free. With that we decided to call it a day and make the long run home. And what a beautiful run it was through the backcountry and Dave and I reflected on how fortunate we are to have such an amazing place in our backyard. There's no place like it and as Capt. Lemay often says.. "It's my favorite place on earth".

IMG_3209 snook sombrero.png

IMG_3205 mingo red.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome report George .

It was a great two day trip as well .

The Perms were abundant Fri morning .

After siesta , we got on the redfish conveyor belt , and probably got 20 slots , two of which were invited to Island Cafe for dinner with the Prime rib .  YUM

Sat , we ventured south and this time got on the snook conveyor belt .

Sat in one spot in a school of about 100 snook and caught em till they finally got smart .

No biguns , all were 20-25”

We ran for some Trips , and were rewarded , for our efforts with two fattys .

Hit a few spots on the way home , and found two 22” Reds to round it all out .

The best part of the whole trip was , the ramps and the Park are back to normal .

Everyone has returned from where they are supposed to be . 👍🏻👍🏻.

Glad yall had a good trip !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

A660DD55-B37C-4DA0-88AB-96063106B987.jpeg

9A8CCFB6-1F29-4EFD-B951-65E165398D8D.jpeg

4A8425A7-029C-4297-8C0F-59FCCDC29877.jpeg

3EB9F670-FFE9-4F5E-B925-684623D40878.jpeg

CF59CD09-2FF5-42BC-A86F-A1DFAF456F09.jpeg

05CD2A9E-2E14-416D-A83F-6BEF9325B1B4.jpeg

B4D1435B-EBD5-4AE5-8DF9-CBCD32007FAA.jpeg

E9EF1C8C-6666-48AF-9439-27798935793F.jpeg

883B8FF5-D99C-4794-808A-9D1ACD8DBA12.jpeg

CB1D4BFA-E38C-44A6-AEEF-976244A0A24C.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, got1on said:

What a great weekend! On Saturday I fished out of Flamingo w/ my boy (Zach). We launched in the dark and made a long run to an area north of the shark river where we caught a bunch of small snook and one slot size red with some ladyfish and jack mixed in. Zach was throwing topwater and was rewarded with a nice snook that inhaled his plug. Unfortunately, after several jumps and strong runs, it wore through the leader before we could get a hold of her. Then we ran offshore to look for permit but found none. We did mange a few big jacks and got cut off several times by sharks. Finished off back on the coast and found another nice red that was invited home for dinner. Then while I was cleaning up the boat and putting things away, I get a text from Big Dave inviting me to join him on Sunday.

We left OR right a first light and ran south. Our first spot produced several slot size reds and a few jacks and cats. We moved on to the next spot and worked a shoreline where we caught some small snook. We did see a big red there, and one nice snook as well, but could not get either to eat. As the tide topped out, we decided to work an area on the outside that was loaded with all kinds of bait but not many predators feeding on them. Once the tide started to fall the action began to heat up. We worked several different small islands that were loaded with small to medium size snook with a few reds and trout mixed in. After thing slowed down a bit, we left fish to find fish and decided we would run back to Choko on the inside. We stopped at a spot Dave knew and and started catching small snook, one after the other. Then as Dave was reeling in one, he says "there's a big snook following" so I pitched my jig/gulp combo next to it and BAM... big girl slams it! Luckily, since it had chased that little snook off the shoreline, I was able to land a 33" beauty. A little further down the shoreline, it was Dave that hooked a solid snook but unfortunately it found a downed tree and broke free. With that we decided to call it a day and make the long run home. And what a beautiful run it was through the backcountry and Dave and I reflected on how fortunate we are to have such an amazing place in our backyard. There's no place like it and as Capt. Lemay often says.. "It's my favorite place on earth".

IMG_3209 snook sombrero.png

IMG_3205 mingo red.jpg

It was fun!  Glad you could join me.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Awesome report George .

It was a great two day trip as well .

The Perms were abundant Fri morning .

After siesta , we got on the redfish conveyor belt , and probably got 20 slots , two of which were invited to Island Cafe for dinner with the Prime rib .  YUM

Sat , we ventured south and this time got on the snook conveyor belt .

Sat in one spot in a school of about 100 snook and caught em till they finally got smart .

No biguns , all were 20-25”

We ran for some Trips , and were rewarded , for our efforts with two fattys .

Hit a few spots on the way home , and found two 22” Reds to round it all out .

The best part of the whole trip was , the ramps and the Park are back to normal .

Everyone has returned from where they are supposed to be . 👍🏻👍🏻.

Glad yall had a good trip !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

A660DD55-B37C-4DA0-88AB-96063106B987.jpeg

9A8CCFB6-1F29-4EFD-B951-65E165398D8D.jpeg

4A8425A7-029C-4297-8C0F-59FCCDC29877.jpeg

3EB9F670-FFE9-4F5E-B925-684623D40878.jpeg

CF59CD09-2FF5-42BC-A86F-A1DFAF456F09.jpeg

05CD2A9E-2E14-416D-A83F-6BEF9325B1B4.jpeg

B4D1435B-EBD5-4AE5-8DF9-CBCD32007FAA.jpeg

E9EF1C8C-6666-48AF-9439-27798935793F.jpeg

883B8FF5-D99C-4794-808A-9D1ACD8DBA12.jpeg

CB1D4BFA-E38C-44A6-AEEF-976244A0A24C.jpeg

Good To See You Ralph.....

DonH and I Struck Out Compared to your day..a few snook, no reds, and trout for dinner......we decided to GO North...Uggggh....not again for a while :)

dc

• Like 2