Lenco tabs

mulligan

I figure I would pass this along in case it might help.

While running the boat this weekend one of my tabs was not working.  When I got home I checked the connections and all was good.  Checked incoming voltage to tab and got 12.5.  Hooked tab back up and voltage dropped to around 6VDC.  I then went from the tab direct to the battery and still had a drop in voltage.  I figured the actuator was shot and with nothing to lose and $175 to gain i started take the actuator apart.  On the top of the actuator is the electric motor and where the wires are.  There is a pair of small spade connection and that is were my problem was.  The connection had some corrosion build up on them.  A quick clean, dielectric grease, seal it back up and all is good.  

So if you think you are needing a new tab take 5 minutes ti check the motor connections, it could save you a few bucks.   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mulligan said:

I figure I would pass this along in case it might help.

While running the boat this weekend one of my tabs was not working.  When I got home I checked the connections and all was good.  Checked incoming voltage to tab and got 12.5.  Hooked tab back up and voltage dropped to around 6VDC.  I then went from the tab direct to the battery and still had a drop in voltage.  I figured the actuator was shot and with nothing to lose and $175 to gain i started take the actuator apart.  On the top of the actuator is the electric motor and where the wires are.  There is a pair of small spade connection and that is were my problem was.  The connection had some corrosion build up on them.  A quick clean, dielectric grease, seal it back up and all is good.  

So if you think you are needing a new tab take 5 minutes ti check the motor connections, it could save you a few bucks.   

Good info....

dc