Batteries and charging system 2200v

Flatsdude3

Currently I have 3 batteries in the console, 2 for the trolling motor and a house battery. Another cranking battery in the rear starboard hatch. I’m thinking of moving my trolling motor batteries to the front hatch. Primarily to put some more weight in the bow as I feel the boat rides better in a chop with more weight there.

I would then move the cranking battery into the console. Any ideas on how you would run the onboard charger? Not sure if I can split a 4 bank charger between the console and the bow? Or I could use two chargers? Would like to wire a switch for the house and cranking battery. Also thinking of adding an on the go charging system like the power pole system or stealth system.....Thanks for any ideas guys 

the extra pounding the batteries  would  take in the bow is not justified.  the console is the closest to the COG and the best place for the batteries. 

the 2200 hull is very picky about prop selection for various uses of the boat.

after  12 years of running a 3 blade on my 2200TE I put a powertech ofx 4 blade on and it is a different animal.

Call Marcus at powertech and he will spend the  time getting  you  what you need. Props are not one size fits all. Use and expectations vary for every operator. 

• Thanks 1

I have a 2000 2200V with the 2 trolling batteries in the center console and a starting battery in the aft compartment. They are all connected to a 3 bank battery charger. I did not put them there, that is where they were located when I purchased the boat 3 years ago. Since then I have added a battery switch to connect 1 of the trolling batteries to the starting battery in case the starting battery needs a boost in starting the engine. Additionally, I went from a 3 bladed prop to a 4 bladed prop which is made a world of difference.

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, Rick Haskell said:

When using the built in charger port on Pathfinder 2200 does the power switch at bottom of console need to be in power on or power off selection ?

What year and model?  Normally, the answer is NO....the charger has a positive and negative led for each charging line....these charge it directly from the charger to the battery posts.

DC