WTB Pathfinder 1806V

reeldeal83

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Nice boat, but insane pricing..... 

I'm looking into my next boat and trying to learn as much as I can along the way. I'm not as informed as a lot of you but the boat in the link didn't seem unreasonable. What about that price is insane? Is it year, model, condition? Again, I ask questions (even stupid ones) so I can be better informed when I find "THE ONE" - thanks!

12 hours ago, flatsmatt said:

I'm looking into my next boat and trying to learn as much as I can along the way. I'm not as informed as a lot of you but the boat in the link didn't seem unreasonable. What about that price is insane? Is it year, model, condition? Again, I ask questions (even stupid ones) so I can be better informed when I find "THE ONE" - thanks!

Year and model.  That was Pathfinder’s entry level V model bay boat. Personally, I would look for a 1810V or 1900V. Much better boat with nicer features and inside layout. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, flatsmatt said:

It’s well equipped, but too expensive.  The 1806 is basically a Key Largo (No liner / bare bones).  You can get into a 2200 pretty easily for that kind of money.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lap it Up said:

It’s well equipped, but too expensive.  The 1806 is basically a Key Largo (No liner / bare bones).  You can get into a 2200 pretty easily for that kind of money.  

Thank you and bare bones has a certain appeal to me. I seem to recall reading about delam (or some such) problems with early 00's Pathfinders. Was that all of them of certain models?

I don’t recall any problems with the 1806/1810/1900 series hulls.  Guys did manage to break some with bad trailers and oyster bars.. No stringer problems either. Another thing they didn’t have was much storage. No rear casting deck on the 1806. 
But…. that hull was super stable and capable in the chop.. In the time of lighter 2 stroke motors, the options were all good. The 130 and 150 hp Yamahas made them fast and fun.. I had a 1900 and it was fun to run every trip.. 

Find the right boat & deal.  You won’t be disappointed. 
MM

• Like 1