Bimini Top Question / Help

Paid Up

I have a 2200 and am needing a Bimini top possibly. 

Those who have one what is better to go with stainless tubing or aluminum? I want to use it while diving and if possible durable to run out without having issues.

Can I buy a pre-made Bimini online or should I go to an Upholstry shop?

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

1 minute ago, fin-addict said:

You can buy online. Just pick out size, color you want and info requested. Both materials are good. SS is heavier and more $. Aluminum will hold up just fine and last for many years as the SS. I have always had mine made by canvas shop so I can have some Custom work done.Your choice and money. I have had both material. If it was for a larger boat where side curtains being used, would go with the SS. Fin 😀🙏

Currently on my Pathfinder 2200 I have a Carver Bimini with aluminum legs...going on 5 years and it’s still fine. I went with middle of the line and it was about $400...( probably $500 now ) I wasn’t sure We would use it much so I didn’t want to go to expensive for it to sit in garage. Turns out, we use it all the time and it really helps block the sun out. It’s not a custom, however Carver makes one to fit most boats and styles. 

5 hours ago, Paid Up said:

I have a 2200 and am needing a Bimini top possibly. 

Those who have one what is better to go with stainless tubing or aluminum? I want to use it while diving and if possible durable to run out without having issues.

Can I buy a pre-made Bimini online or should I go to an Upholstry shop?

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

I went custom on my MA17....stainless and all stainless equipment with ACCON connections...

overall about $1K...but, worth every $$'

Sunbrella.....

dc

I would say no matter where you get it know what you are buying.  I would personally do rigid legs to keep it out of the way. Also make sure it is tall enough to walk around under it and look out from under it while standing. Also get a 4 bow top that will make a lot of difference. 
  The accon quick connects are the cats meow too. 

trust me get it right you will love it. Get it wrong and you will hate it. I had only one that I loved. One three bow top one too short I had to duck my head to see to the side. Look around no matter where you buy and measure measure measure .