Please remember

jason p

3 hours ago, Moderator said:

Wow, Jason !   A truly powerful picture.

Thank you !

Marc

x2

as a Marine....it reminds me of  all those who are no longer here with us....

unfortunately, our millennials have NO CLUE WHO HAVE GIVEN THEM THE ABILITY TO SPEND THEIR LIFE IN FREEDOM....VERY SAD...MANY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE H0LIDAY IS FOR !!! VERY SAD.

dc

Don’t fret Dino, I served with many millennials, and unfortunately went to memorials for a few, up until I retired in 2015, there’s many, many good ones. When I joined in ‘92 the Vietnam guys said the “place was gonna go to hell“ with us (my generation) in charge. I’m sure the Korea guys said the same about them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jason p said:

Don’t fret Dino, I served with many millennials, and unfortunately went to memorials for a few, up until I retired in 2015, there’s many, many good ones. When I joined in ‘92 the Vietnam guys said the “place was gonna go to hell“ with us (my generation) in charge. I’m sure the Korea guys said the same about them. 

I'm not critical of those that served...I admire them...and I admire you for the memorials you have attended......it's the idiot millennials  I see on TV interviews who have no clue about our history...it's scary !!!

DC

3 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I'm not critical of those that served...I admire them...and I admire you for the memorials you have attended......it's the idiot millennials  I see on TV interviews who have no clue about our history...it's scary !!!

DC

I know buddy... it’s a shame that the loudest few, of any population, get all the attention by the media whether traditional TV news or social media. The reason you never hear from the responsible, respectable hard-chargers is that well... they’re hard-charging. They’re not in front of a news camera on the corner of some event or spending all day on Twitter. 

Amen.  These men and women died to protect the very rights that are under threat once again.   So many are willing to give up those hard earned rights to avoid the a virus with less than a 1% death rate.   The death rate of being on the front lines was much much higher, and these brave men and women stood their ground.    

Seems to me that the best way to honor tbeir sacrifice is to make at least a small version of it ourselves and stand up to those who thinks our rights can be revoked if sufficient fear is injected into the system . . .

Screenshot_20200526-111614_Chrome.jpg

This topic was definitely needed, and I agree it needs to be taught in schools.  I don't think this is the only thing however, look at all the Memorial day sales and advertisements, they don't show a picture of CPL Ryan McGhee KIA 13 MAY 2009 and ask for him to be remembered during their 3% off sale, they don't hang pictures of the fallen all around the store.  Unfortunately for far too many, it has become a day off of work, and a day for all the crazies and twice a year boaters to go the boat ramp.

I still had people this past Monday say Happy Memorial day to me.  I think my response may have been a bit short but I quickly told them, Memorial day is not for me it's to remember the fallen, thank me on Veteran's day. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...