Instantly blows fuse?

Reel Special 3

When I switch from livewell 1 by moving that switch down to the bottom position to run the recirculating pump, it instantly blows the fuse.  The boat is a 08 2200 XL and I'm thinking all I need to do is replace the pump.  12v is my weakest skill set and wonder if it could be something else.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I have only had the boat 2 years so I don't know how old the pump is.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

I started typing a reply that said yes the pump may be bad. But if it truly instantly blows the fuse it sounds more like bare wires touching. I would hook the pump straight to power and see if it runs. If it does not the wires will heat up indicating the pump is froze up and needs replacing. 

You could also unplug the pump in question and flip the switch to that pump and if the fuse doesnt blow more than likely its the pump in question that is bad. Or switch plugs to another pump and see if it runs for that switch position. I know my 04 2200 Tournament had all the Deutsch pump connection close to one another switch plugs around and see if the switch works another pump. Then you can rule out wiring or the pump.