02, RF 16, 90 2stkoke prop

Im running a protech 15 pitch 4 blade = 5500 rpm @ 39 mph.. (great hole shot)

I'm trying to find a prop for when I'm not fishing in I'm just cruising the coast line it'll give me better gas efficiency in a little bit higher top speed. 

I was told possibly a 17 pitch 3 blade is anybody run such a prop?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

I am trying to dial in a a 16 Redfisher myself. Everything I read says the 13x15 three blade is the best for the 90 two stroke. I have to let my engine down before I test again. I also have found out the engine should be mounted all the way down on the transom. Even my 4 blade prop would blow out in turns mounted one hole up. 

HoneyB... I have the same ‘02 rig that I’ve been trying to dial in as well.  I would love to know how yours runs with the motor in the bottom hole.  Mine is currently mounted in the second hole and I am running a four blade 13d X 16p with some extra cup after trying several props.  Pleased with holeshot and top end, but still battling blowouts in turns.  Even worse, I added hydraulic steering (which I love) that would probably have to be removed to drop the motor down....because of clearance issues trimming the motor all the way up.  I would really like to know how it performs mounted in the bottom hole.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a finicky little bit€*.... I put the motor all the way down. It sprays water Off the foot like I’m dragging a anchor behind the boat. Trim out a little and it goes away but I think mounted all the way down is too low. I will be raising the motor back up and still searching for an answer as to a good set up with a 90 yamaha. To those that said that is the prefect motor for this boat,,,,, I think I must disagree.