2700 Open

CaptDavis

I am really glad this boat came out.  With 4 kids, I am going to be a looking for a larger hybrid in the next few years due to space needs over my 22v.  I was looking at other brands as the other models, even the 26 trs, although larger, still only had the same seating configuration that I can already do with our current boat.  

I am really interested to see what options they come up with as far as transom with the jump seats / storage?  And also with the leaning post / live well and storage.  If they do an option without the leaning post livewell, I wonder if there could an optional 2nd livewell / release well elsewhere.  Also wonder if there was any thought to have the forward fish box step split like on the 2500.  Really only one cooler option in front of the console except for bringing a cooler.  With the two long side floor fish boxes, seems the front could be a little smaller and have the second compartment which could be the 2nd cooler option.  

Depending on speed and fuel burn, the single is what actually appeals to me.  I have been looking at other options in the 26-28 range, and most of them appear to "need" twins.  In reality, if I am buying a boat with twins for the ability for long offshore runs, then i probably don't need a bay boat but more of a true center console.  For the 80% of my use, a single is perfect and really cuts down on maintenance cost plus opens up more transom space for access. 

Looks like it was designed very well and they crushed it on the lay out. Happy the factory listened and added an option for extra capacity. If they would get rid of the xto and go with a 400 verado or twins I think it would be a much better match up. Interested to see the numbers on it as I know it was faster than 60. Also interested in the price point. 

8 hours ago, JPizzle said:

Depending on speed and fuel burn, the single is what actually appeals to me.  I have been looking at other options in the 26-28 range, and most of them appear to "need" twins.  In reality, if I am buying a boat with twins for the ability for long offshore runs, then i probably don't need a bay boat but more of a true center console.  For the 80% of my use, a single is perfect and really cuts down on maintenance cost plus opens up more transom space for access. 

Sounds like the perfect boat for you. Not for me, I would prefer twins. 

I too feel the boat will need more HP than the 425 provides. With a light load I'm sure it is adequate. Put 4 people in there with 2 in those rear jump seats and its going to take some time to get on plane. Twins, even 225's provide so much more propeller "bite" than a single. I think I'll be sticking with my 2500. 

2 hours ago, thereject said:

It’s hard to tell how much room is really there with that monster hanging there. Could be enough room for a bobs dual plate but I’m not sure. Merc 225 twins would be a killer combo.

Believe it or not the 425s use the same mounting centers as 4.2L motors. I could be wrong but I don’t think you’re getting twins on that transom. 

Skip I am sure with this being a new model the options, pricing, and even design are probably still evolving. When do you think roughly the specs and information will make it to your website. You all did such a great job reeling us in last week for the Facebook live that I keep checking all social media regularly for any new updates.  

8 hours ago, JPizzle said:

Skip I am sure with this being a new model the options, pricing, and even design are probably still evolving. When do you think roughly the specs and information will make it to your website. You all did such a great job reeling us in last week for the Facebook live that I keep checking all social media regularly for any new updates.  

Still. in process..

LOA- 27'8"

Beam- 9'4"

Draft- 17-18"

Skip

• 1 month later...

Just following up with available options on this boat.  Is there any thought for an alternate cap with bow seating that a lot of the other 26-28 hybrid boats seem to have?  Asking for the wife.  Have you all done one with a second station yet.  Been keeping an eye here and social media hoping someone had ordered one.  

On 7/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, JPizzle said:

Just following up with available options on this boat.  Is there any thought for an alternate cap with bow seating that a lot of the other 26-28 hybrid boats seem to have?  Asking for the wife.  Have you all done one with a second station yet.  Been keeping an eye here and social media hoping someone had ordered one.  

No plans for a different cap at this time.  The 1st 2700 with 2nd station starts soon.

Skip

In other 2700 Open news we just delivered the 1st one rigged with the Yamaha F300XCA, very pleased with the performance:

PERFORMANCE  
RPM MPH GPH MPG
1000 5.2 1.2 4.32
1500 7.4 2.1 3.52
2000 9.5 3.7 2.57
2500 10.5 5.7 1.84
3000 15.6 7.6 2.05
3500 27.2 8.8 3.09
4000 35.6 11.8 3.02
4500 40.7 15.0 2.71
5000 44.3 18.3 2.42
5500 49.4 22.7 2.18