Hewes with F300!

triplec

2 hours ago, geeviam said:

The heavier 4-stroke does make a difference.  I like this method for measuring the true draft:

10wt_draft.jpeg

Not sure how that works.

I am really not sure that 6 inch or even a foot matters once you get out of a true tech skiff and go flats or bay boat. I am not taking my 22' bay boat in less than a foot and half ever               (unless my buddy bets me it will not) anyway. Doubt you will ever see the new 21 Redfisher that skinny unless someone made a bo bo.   LOL

7 hours ago, Sunstone said:

They claim the 23 draft is 12".

6 hours ago, jh141 said:

Not sure how that works.

I am really not sure that 6 inch or even a foot matters once you get out of a true tech skiff and go flats or bay boat. I am not taking my 22' bay boat in less than a foot and half ever               (unless my buddy bets me it will not) anyway. Doubt you will ever see the new 21 Redfisher that skinny unless someone made a bo bo.   LOL

That picture was taken by a friend who happens to own a technical poling skiff company.  I just liked his method for showing the actual draft of his hull.  No smoke and mirrors.  It was not my intention to compare the 7" draft of a poling skiff to a Redfisher, Master Angler or Pathfinder.  His 18' poling skiff has an almost flat bottom, which poles easily, but is no match for the ride of the new Hewes Redfisher 21.  Apples and oranges...

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 7:57 AM, slyshon said:

Not 90k, not even close, not sure where that number came from.  

Skip

So I got chastised on here for my comment that for $90k it looked like my 2200 TRS with less comfortable seating. Now it looks like $90k is indeed the ballpark fully rigged going price. So nany nany boo boo.  lol   

But.....it is a sweet rig and yes I would be proud to own one.  

• Like 1