Hewes with F300!

triplec

1 hour ago, Capt. Troy said:

Why is the boat so heavy?

Maybe I am remembering wrong but I believe the 21 MA was around 1300 lbs dry hull. Is this boat that much bigger than the MA?

Back to the live well. Pressurized wells have been around for a long time. They just require a little more plumbing and everyone I have seen is at the stern and every one leaked a little some where. Even through the latches.

With the width of the gunnels I never step up and down off the front deck to go to the bait well. I walk the gunnels. "Old abused knees and back"

I have a long handle dip net and don't even have to bend down.

When fishing customers I sit behind them and work out of the pit with them on the bow. That is why I don't use the front well.

Your memory, like mine Troy, has faded.  Your 21 is a lot heavier... 

Skip  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slyshon said:

Different methods on weights back then, the 1300lb. # is just fiberglass parts, nothing more.  These days our published weights include the finished product, everything except fluids included.  

Skip

OK then, I ain't going nuts.

But, the add sold me twice. Good reply there Skip. Makes sense from the marketing side..

Thanks for the clarification as it makes potential buyers of the product when doing comparisons a little more knowledgeable. 

I seriously wrote this new boat off with the published weight comparing it to what I own.

I will also add that the trailer under the new Hewes will by law require brakes on all axles. It ain't coming in under 3K on weight on any trailer, dual or single axle.

I suspect at this point the new boat weighs wet very close to what I fished yesterday.🤔

JgBuZfR.jpg

• Like 3

Gitcha some of this...

PERFORMANCE  
RPM MPH GPH MPG
1000 5.4 1.2 4.50
1500 7.5 2.1 3.57
2000 9.9 3.6 2.75
2500 19.9 4.9 4.06
3000 27.0 6.2 4.35
3500 33.4 8.3 4.02
4000 39.4 11.4 3.46
4500 44.2 15.7 2.82
5000 50.2 19.9 2.52
5500 55.1 24.8 2.22
6000 63.3 26.3 2.41

ACCELERATON  
TIME TO PLANE 3.32
0 ~ 20 MPH 4.58
  • Like 4

I've never had a F300 or VF250 to compare, but those fuel economy numbers look pretty good for a big block on a boat that size - don't they?  It's amazing how much lift the hull has on plane.  And it carries weight well - is balanced without stern squat at rest.  Even though it has a 15 degree deadrise, I'll bet it doesn't draft any more with the pad on the keel, than the smaller Redfishers and Mavericks MAs.

You know, there's just not enough enthusiasm around the fact that there will soon be 2 and likely THREE MA/Redfisher models out there.     I think people just need to SEE one in their local area.   Geeviam and I are doing what we can to stoke the fires, but it sure would be easier if we could DEMONSTRATE the awesomeness in person.

Here's what I propose:

MBC sends me one of each model, and I'll take the NC/SC geography and stoke the fires.   It will be a sacrifice to spend so much time at the boat ramps and on the water generating excitement, but it is the least I can do.

Geeviam, aren't you in GA?   Would you mind take these three models off MBC's hands and stoking some excitment in the GA/NFL area?

I know, I know, you guys are all in awe at my selflessness and commitment to the brand, but, aw shucks, it's the least I can do.   I mean, as you know, I like the MA hull so much that I practically rebuilt mine and about broke myself, so it only seems right that I can help bring the new breed into the world.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, whichwaysup said:

You know, there's just not enough enthusiasm around the fact that there will soon be 2 and likely THREE MA/Redfisher models out there.     I think people just need to SEE one in their local area.   Geeviam and I are doing what we can to stoke the fires, but it sure would be easier if we could DEMONSTRATE the awesomeness in person.

Here's what I propose:

MBC sends me one of each model, and I'll take the NC/SC geography and stoke the fires.   It will be a sacrifice to spend so much time at the boat ramps and on the water generating excitement, but it is the least I can do.

Geeviam, aren't you in GA?   Would you mind take these three models off MBC's hands and stoking some excitment in the GA/NFL area?

I know, I know, you guys are all in awe at my selflessness and commitment to the brand, but, aw shucks, it's the least I can do.   I mean, as you know, I like the MA hull so much that I practically rebuilt mine and about broke myself, so it only seems right that I can help bring the new breed into the world.

What a guy!  Your selflessness has inspired me to chip in.  Since you'll only be able to display one model at a time, I volunteer to help out by assisting in your endeavor by taking one of the other models out with you for a convoy of excitement generation.  We could also use this time to provide feedback to the MBG with possible tweaks and improvements so the models can evolve with the fisherman's needs.

• Like 1