Hewes with F300!

triplec

My Take from the video.

21 MA bottom tweaked

Live well drain system not shown. "I hope it's the one they touted" like mine.

Hatch drains to a common at rear for the rear deck area. "hope it's enough"

Depth of lid gutters on all compartments "true dry storage"

OK with the trim tab deal "understand"

Access to the bilge/pumps much improved.

The speeds are about right if running on the older 21 MA bottom

It's a very good looking rigπŸ‘

Skip needs some sun on him😏

Β 

If they get one local to me I will take a test ride and it will be a long one to include a bait well full and all that stuff that goes with it.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 7:17 AM, jason p said:

$$$, The MBG is a mass production builder, it’s a lot more efficientΒ to build two piece boats and glue gunnels toΒ the cap like the Hewes and Pathfinders than three piece Mavericks.

A 2020 21’ Master Angler would probably be a $100K boat.Β 

I let the dealer borrow mine for a boat show in 2010. They hung a price tag on it as equipped for 65K.

xeBrRcX.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TURN ME LOOSE said:

That was 10 years ago. The cost of materials has gone up, therefore, the prices of boats has gone up.

They sure have. That is why I made the comment. I bought right in the time boat companies were laying off. Skip worked with me to get several options that MBG didn't offer any longer. To include the color, the rope insert rub rail and custom live well plumbing.Β  Family boating center helped with the rest as I bought the, power pole, electronics trailer and engine myself through my sponsors. FBC did the rigging and Curtis and his group did a good job.

Β 

Skip said folks should be happy with the price point. Rather than guess I think I will just ask the dealer. Cause that is who is gonna sell it to ya.

Β 

I wish Skip would tell us just how similar the running bottom is to the 21 MA. I think the ride of the 21 was it best selling feature.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 3:48 PM, slyshon said:

i think you will be very surprised and happy with the pricing!Β  Our dealers have current pricing and can price one out for you.

Skip

Skip talked to two different dealers and both say they haven’t seen pricing yet. Any suggestions?

NVM 3 mins after he said he had no pricing he sent me a quote LOL.Β 

MSRP on the boat is $33,833 on just the hull,Β Β loaded out with trailer was $88,414

0499A125-968A-482C-AAA3-1A5E07025052.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

They sure have. That is why I made the comment. I bought right in the time boat companies were laying off. Skip worked with me to get several options that MBG didn't offer any longer. To include the color, the rope insert rub rail and custom live well plumbing.Β  Family boating center helped with the rest as I bought the, power pole, electronics trailer and engine myself through my sponsors. FBC did the rigging and Curtis and his group did a good job.

Β 

Skip said folks should be happy with the price point. Rather than guess I think I will just ask the dealer. Cause that is who is gonna sell it to ya.

Β 

I wish Skip would tell us just how similar the running bottom is to the 21 MA. I think the ride of the 21 was it best selling feature.

Capt. Troy, I think you would be the best candidate to water test and review this new model since you've logged countless hours on aΒ MA 21.Β  When the dealer receives one inΒ stock, and you have time, you should take a test ride.Β  Your review and comparison to the MA 21 would be very helpful for the rest of us.Β  Pricing would be good to know too, for sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, geeviam said:

Capt. Troy, I think you would be the best candidate to water test and review this new model since you've logged countless hours on aΒ MA 21.Β  When the dealer receives one inΒ stock, and you have time, you should take a test ride.Β  Your review and comparison to the MA 21 would be very helpful for the rest of us.Β  Pricing would be good to know too, for sure.

That is the plan.

1 hour ago, geeviam said:

Capt. Troy, I think you would be the best candidate to water test and review this new model since you've logged countless hours on aΒ MA 21.Β  When the dealer receives one inΒ stock, and you have time, you should take a test ride.Β  Your review and comparison to the MA 21 would be very helpful for the rest of us.Β 

Send one over.  I will gladly donate my time and old Redfisher to compare it to the new.That along with Capt.Troy there would be a good baseline.  Of course you could send a new Yamaha 4.2 to put on mine just so it is all apples to apples😊.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kerrek said:

Skip talked to two different dealers and both say they haven’t seen pricing yet. Any suggestions?

NVM 3 mins after he said he had no pricing he sent me a quote LOL.Β 

MSRP on the boat is $33,833 on just the hull,Β Β loaded out with trailer was $88,414

0499A125-968A-482C-AAA3-1A5E07025052.jpeg

I figured that would be a $90,000 Plus package out the door with fees and taxes .Β 

2 hours ago, dabear said:

I figured that would be a $90,000 Plus package out the door with fees and taxes .Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, dabear said:

Β 

It’s almost exactly the same price as the Pathfinder 2200 TRS with a jackplate.Β Β $33625 for the 2200 with a jackplate vs $33,833 for the RF21.Β 

7 hours ago, Capt. Troy said:

Β 

Β 

"I wish Skip would tell us just how similar the running bottom is to the 21 MA. I think the ride of the 21 was it best selling feature."

Exactly! I know MBG and Skip aren't going to give away their secrets, and that is fine. I kind of smiled to myself while watching Skip do the walk-through on Facebook Live when he said something to the effect that those of us who have been around for a while might notice something familiar about the hull. I was hoping he was going to take that one step further and explain that the new Hewes 21 hull is based on the old Maverick MA 21, but with a different treatment to the stern (extended trim tabs and no cut out on the back deck). The Maverick MA hull is incredible as is, and it would be truly impressiveΒ if they somehow were able to improve on it with the new Hewes Redfisher 21 hull. Hewes has a video of the boat running (different video than last week) up on Facebook, and the way it was up on top of the chop definitely reminds me the way the Maverick MA 21 rides. Congratulations to MBG. I am sure this new Hewes will be a huge success.Β 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

That spray profile looks very familiar to me.

That's a good sign.  I don't think the pilot was using the trim tabs either.  A touch of starboard bow-down would've leveled the boat for an even better ride.  😎

6 hours ago, geeviam said:

That's a good sign.  I don't think the pilot was using the trim tabs either.  A touch of starboard bow-down would've leveled the boat for an even better ride.  😎

My guess is that they were going for speed over comfort!Β Β 

It really would be cool if this RF 21 was an updated and improved 21 MA.Β  If they do the same with the 18, I may be talking to the bank about a home equity loan, in spite of my "never borrow for a boat" stance.Β  Just dont know that I could resist . . .

Β 

BTW, I really REALLY like the fact that they got rid of the splashwell/pie hole design.Β  More deck, better bilge access, a great move.

• Like 1