Hewes with F300!

triplec

Too slow for 300 HP on a 21 flats boat.

None the less, it looks very sharp. Nice lines and I would love to see it static floating.

I am also surprised with a few things. If it is 21 feet long and the same beam as a 21 MA what will it do that the 21 MA couldn't. 🤔

Not knocking the design at all or the boat cause I have no knowledge of it. Heck, I might buy one. I will sure give it look because if I were to buy another boat of that type the only thing I have looked at is the Egret that would be close to what I have owned now for 20 years in two 21 Mavericks.

I also don't do fake book or Instagram. I'm a old timer as Skip would say.😉

Almost forgot, is the boat self bailing?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Capt. Troy said:

Too slow for 300 HP on a 21 flats boat.

None the less, it looks very sharp. Nice lines and I would love to see it static floating.

I am also surprised with a few things. If it is 21 feet long and the same beam as a 21 MA what will it do that the 21 MA couldn't. 🤔

Not knocking the design at all or the boat cause I have no knowledge of it. Heck, I might buy one. I will sure give it look because if I were to buy another boat of that type the only thing I have looked at is the Egret that would be close to what I have owned now for 20 years in two 21 Mavericks.

I also don't do fake book or Instagram. I'm a old timer as Skip would say.😉

Almost forgot, is the boat self bailing?

I agree.  I thought it would break 70 mph.  In all fairness, I think there is some wiggle room for speed improvement with a different prop.  They were running a Yamaha Pro Series 21 pitch today.  Maybe a Bravo 1 22 pitch would give it that extra umph.  Also, as far as I can tell, they were using the Yamaha mechanical speedometer on the Command Link instrumentation instead of GPS today, so the speed accuracy is questionable at best.  Wind and current could have screwed up the MPH reading.  Like Skip said on Facebook, it's longer, wider and heavier than the previous RF 21, and Maverick MA 21 for that matter.  It looks like the goal was a larger flats boat style with a soft ride, in between the Maverick technical poling skiff and the Pathfinder Bay Boat.  I think they scored a win with this new model, but of course, the only way to know for sure is to take a test ride.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geeviam said:

They were running a Yamaha Pro Series 21 pitch today. 

At 65mph that prop is hooking up pretty dang good.  Not knocking it but as stated a 21' with 300 ponies should fly.  

I'm not sure what that thing is on to of the console but it might be a data recorder of some type that gives true speed, fuel burn etc.

Looks like a nice ride and looks to fill a hole in the MBC lineup

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jensenjeff said:

I agree with Mulligan but would like to know how big the hole would be in your pocketbook!

Very curious about the price point.  Also very curious about the build and layup.  MBG has said it themselves.  The 21MA went away because there was no demand for it and it was more expensive to build then a 22 Pathy.  I would assume this boat will be priced cheaper then a 2200 or they could potentially be in the same situation again. 

40 minutes ago, Lap it Up said:

Very curious about the price point.  Also very curious about the build and layup.  MBG has said it themselves.  The 21MA went away because there was no demand for it and it was more expensive to build then a 22 Pathy.  I would assume this boat will be priced cheaper then a 2200 or they could potentially be in the same situation again. 

I’m betting $75k

4 hours ago, mulligan said:

At 65mph that prop is hooking up pretty dang good.  Not knocking it but as stated a 21' with 300 ponies should fly.

I agree Mulligan.  It's possible that the rev limiter stopped the RPMs at 6000.  21 pitch doesn't seem like enough pitch for that setup.  I could be wrong, but I know that my SHO does a very good job of limiting the RPMs when I run a prop without enough pitch.  I've run three "same model" props with different pitch sizes on my rig and got speeds of good, better and best, at the same maximum RPM (the RPM limit).

36 minutes ago, geeviam said:

I agree Mulligan.  It's possible that the rev limiter stopped the RPMs at 6000.  21 pitch doesn't seem like enough pitch for that setup.  I could be wrong, but I know that my SHO does a very good job of limiting the RPMs when I run a prop without enough pitch.  I've run three "same model" props with different pitch sizes on my rig and got speeds of good, better and best, at the same maximum RPM (the RPM limit).

I am fairly sure that the 300 may have a 1.75 lower unit ratio and agree that more pitch is needed . Just for giggles I would put a 25 on it and see what it does . I also think that a 21 ft flats boat with a 300 HP motor should be way way faster than the numbers posted . I think they have a lot of test and tune to get the balance and prop to perform best on that hull . 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dabear said:

I am fairly sure that the 300 may have a 1.75 lower unit ratio and agree that more pitch is needed . Just for giggles I would put a 25 on it and see what it does . I also think that a 21 ft flats boat with a 300 HP motor should be way way faster than the numbers posted . I think they have a lot of test and tune to get the balance and prop to perform best on that hull . Benny Blanco ‘s 21 ft RF ran a little over 60 with a 200 Yamaha on it way back in the day like in 2004 . Joe R

40 minutes ago, dabear said:

I am fairly sure that the 300 may have a 1.75 lower unit ratio and agree that more pitch is needed . Just for giggles I would put a 25 on it and see what it does . I also think that a 21 ft flats boat with a 300 HP motor should be way way faster than the numbers posted . I think they have a lot of test and tune to get the balance and prop to perform best on that hull . 

Right on Joe.  Plenty of testing and tuning possibilities on this one.  Motor height is another.  Looks like that 25" shaft F300 was bottomed out on the jack plate at WOT too.  That might be the perfect JP height or it might not.  Maybe the JP (or motor) should be lower (or higher) on the transom to allow the prop to carry the bow higher.  Just sayin'

With all of the local chatter wanting to bring back the MA, why do the opposite and reintroduce the larger redfisher? (nothing against the redfisher, I love their lines).  Obviously I’m an MA owner...lol

Either way, beautiful boat and I’m sure she’ll scoot once she’s dialed in! 

• Like 1