Hewes with F300!

triplec

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

Maybe it’s the angles....but she looks a bit longer than the old 21’s. 

Fishmanjj, I agree I think that three is a market not me but a big market for bay/ flats boats that are 23-25 foot range . I know that on this forum it sounds like there is a big market for the 18 and 21 Mavericks and 21 RF but I see a lot of brand new bigger bay boats around . I can’t see MBC making another 21 Hewes . I may be wrong but I think if it was a top seller they would not of stopped making them . Like I said I may be wrong this is just what I think .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whichwaysup said:

I'll probably offend a lot of redfisher owners, but I REALLY wish they would run that two tone top color all the way down the side, instead of having it end a few inches up from the bottom.   It always just looks "off" to me, but probably just personal preference.   

That's one of my wife's favorite things about the Hewes - the two tone sides.  But the solid color side is an option Gus.  Here are some recent pics:

New Hewes RF18 at factory2.jpg

New Hewes RF18 at factory3.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fishmanjj said:

Maybe it’s the angles....but she looks a bit longer than the old 21’s. 

At first, I thought it was a modified Pathfinder.  But after looking at it some more, I think it's a new hull design.  At least 22 feet, but maybe longer.  I like how the outside bottom edges of the pocket walls are angled outward at the transom like the HPX instead of flat.  More stern lift, less turbulence near the prop, and less spray swirling out of the pocket that way.  The real mystery is still the keel near the transom.  No pictures of that yet.  Top secret no doubt!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geeviam said:

Me too!

I THINK this is a flats boats top cap on a bay boat hull which is a cool idea.  Probably a little more deadrise to please the "MA soft ride" fans.  If it doesn't have a transom pocket, the jack plate and 25" shaft will be a good fit, to add some setback and still keep the prop down into cleaner water.  This looks like a great near-shore fishing platform that will ride nicely, and has plenty of casting deck space for fishing or bikini sun-bathing at the sand bar 😍.  And it will be very fast when some extra speed is needed!  😎

You just nailed it - this would be the biggest selling point.  Never understood why bay boats don't have walk around gunnels.   My favorite feature of the flats skiff.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bernieNC said:

I walk mine all the time.

I do as well on the MA17......

BTW, be sure to take a look at the previous page...it does have the FULL walk around gunnels....they attached them post cap placement.

They are super wide as well.....

This skiff should be super stable on the gunnels....

The only thing I would like to see is the console set to the side for more room on the walk back to the stern.

The bow sure looks pathfinder-esque to me.....

DC

52 minutes ago, slyshon said:

All new model, not a reintroduction of anything from the past.  The running surface (hull bottom) might look somewhat familiar to some of you old timers.

Skip

That new mistress you are dressing up is looking mighty fine Skip.....please don't have it seduce me and  I'll have to sell my Girl - The Holy Ghost :)

16 hours ago, slyshon said:

All new model, not a reintroduction of anything from the past.  The running surface (hull bottom) might look somewhat familiar to some of you old timers.

Skip

Looks like the running bottom of a 21 MA.

It's gonna be a Maverick branded boat and a fast one at that.

Need more pictures, specs and a running video when water tested... but so far this new model looks awesome!  Plenty of storage and the cockpit floor height looks well above the water line to stay drained and dry.  If Capt. Troy is right, and the bottom running surface is like the MA 21,  put me on the waiting list - I want one! 

Can’t see the bottom from the rear well but from what I do see it looks like a very old Hewes on the lower wide straight line bottom , I have a feeling that it a wide flat cut out at the very end of the transom than has a modified semi V going into a pad . Capt Troy I seen that paper also with Mav on it and the cushion with Hewes on it may be a curve to get feed back from the forum they may have there feelers out to see what name brand would be best fitted to this boat Hewes? Maverick, Pathfinder , maybe a Mewesfinder or a Havericker 😜 .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, geeviam said:

Need more pictures, specs and a running video when water tested... but so far this new model looks awesome!  Plenty of storage and the cockpit floor height looks well above the water line to stay drained and dry.  If Capt. Troy is right, and the bottom running surface is like the MA 21,  put me on the waiting list - I want one! 

Agreed and very intrigued.  It looks longer than 21 feet but who knows by pictures.   

3 hours ago, slyshon said:

Soon, the boys are out running the boat now. 

Skip

You WILL give us an update when they get back, though, right?   Just some tidbits like top speed, maybe a video . . . something to keep us off those egret/hells bay/ chittum forums?  You know we have boat adhd . . .distracted easily . . .

• Like 1