21RF Max HP

Purebred

Seeing some with 250 SHO's for repowers. Pretty sure mine has 225 max HP on the plate but it's worn out pretty bad.  Searching a new max weight and HP plate from Flounder Pounder, I saw the same weight max plate, but 250 max hp. Nothing with 225 max HP. Anyone know if the newer 21RF's had 250's?

Remember that the capacity/HP plate is the recommendation of the manufacturer and is a suggestion, the coast guard runs the calculations for the boat and if the manufacturer suggestion comes in in below what the Coast Guard calculated then they will approve it. I remember that my old 17 Redfisher  was calculated using the USCG method as having a max HP rating of 175 and Mr. Bob Hewes ran one with a 175. However do you know what the liability was with some jackleg buying a redfisher with a 175 was! That is why they "recommended" a 115.

Although they don't have a sticker for your boat, they do have plenty of others and can make you one. I am sure other people on this site will find it useful as well.  

https://garzonstudio.com/store/